Colorado

WooHoo
wee.gif
I found some Plexiglass. It was 5 miles away at the only hardware store in Elizabeth the whole time. They even cut it for me so here come the skylights. It's been over a week in the making but the coop only needs some final paint and wire. Not finished yet, but here is a brief time line.

The 5 babies (10 weeks) will move in first this evening with the 2 hen pecked little girls. Once everyone is out of the barn their nesting box will be remodeled to fit on the other side of the people door. We'll have a coop warming party
wink.png
It may not win 'coop of the week' but even the spoiled rotten puppy loves it already.

Last edited:
WooHoo
wee.gif
I found some Plexiglass. It was 5 miles away at the only hardware store in Elizabeth the whole time. They even cut it for me so here come the skylights. It's been over a week in the making but the coop only needs some final paint and wire. Not finished yet, but here is a brief time line.

The 5 babies (10 weeks) will move in first this evening with the 2 hen pecked little girls. Once everyone is out of the barn their nesting box will be remodeled to fit on the other side of the people door. We'll have a coop warming party
wink.png
It may not win 'coop of the week' but even the spoiled rotten puppy loves it already.

I wish I had painted BEFORE I put on the wire...
Your coop looks awesome!

yuckyuck.gif
I actually had to take some wire down to finish painting
he.gif
It was just so exiting to get the chooks moved I lost track of priorities...

Last edited:
WooHoo
wee.gif

wink.png

I love this coop and run, Preston! Excellent job!

Thanks! Once the paint is dry I can finish the wire. Then I'll post some finished pics. It will need one more nesting box but the girls are using it in the barn until everybody gets moved.

This morning Violet/Vern went to his new home, where he will happily have a flock of 10 barred rock pullets to look after (whew, I was sweating it). To replace him, I brought home 3 black sex links. I believe, this is what you experienced chicken people call "chicken math"...

Here are my new babies (excuse the red lamp photos).

This morning Violet/Vern went to his new home, where he will happily have a flock of 10 barred rock pullets to look after (whew, I was sweating it). To replace him, I brought home 3 black sex links. I believe, this is what you experienced chicken people call "chicken math"...

Here are my new babies (excuse the red lamp photos).
You are a quick study!
lol.png

I grew up there and it is not where I would want to be in June - September. Unless you got stormy weather while you were there then I am jealous.
Ahhh - that makes sense! I was MISERABLY hot (you know the Movie "Fools Rush In" with Matthew Perry and Selma Hayek? The line, "In case you haven't noticed, the white people are MELTING" kept running through my head). I think High School graduations should be held in December, in hot places
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom