Colorado

Yes, these are eggs from the chicks we got in July of last year. We're pretty happy with the number hatched, and found dry hatching is the way to go.
The LB are large fowl, I'm super excited about them. I love my Cochin girls, and really wanted more color in the group.

We hatched 9 of 15 Cream Legbar eggs. 5 boys and 4 girls. They're so cute and we got two light grey males, which is great. Hopefully we already have a buyer for the girls. And tomorrow night we're setting 30 more Cream eggs and 14 lemon blue Cochin eggs. Baby chicks!

Yes, these are eggs from the chicks we got in July of last year. We're pretty happy with the number hatched, and found dry hatching is the way to go.
The LB are large fowl, I'm super excited about them. I love my Cochin girls, and really wanted more color in the group.

Awesome! Can't wait to see pics!

Welcome Newbies!
Good luck on the hatchings! It just might be starting to become Spring up here. I have a broody and I guess she can set some eggs. She wanted to set late last Fall and I just didn't want more to deal with over the Winter, so now she blows up in full force. It sounds like my coop is possessed with all of her growling and carrying on.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have no idea how to do that stuff, I ordered eggs from someone on BYC.
Ok there is a giant freaking ad right in the middle of my screen
So I can't type further, and the dang thing will not go
Away. This is really ridiculous.

I am not having any advertising issues... maybe change your browser settings? Popup window, etc.
Check your programs and uninstall any ad-ware crap that can sneak in.

Last edited:
Hello!  I'm in southern area of Denver proper. I've been on BYC for a while but mostly lurking and learning. But we finally took the plunge about a week ago and got chicks... got tired of waiting for my hubs to finish the coop and figured this way he'll have no other choice b/c I told him if it's not done in 2 mos he's going to have birds roosting in the garage and pooping on his bikes!!  :lol:   

This is our first foray into chickens, so we got a variety of birds to see what we like.  So I've got one of each RIR, Blk Austrolorp, Ameraucana, NH Red and Barred Rock and I'm waiting on a Golden Comet and Speckled Sussex that are supposed to be coming in in the next week.  I'm also looking for a Delaware, but haven't been able to find 1 locally yet.  Does anyone know anyone selling Delawares?  There was a guy at the Denver chicken swap last summer selling them but I didn't get his contact info.  Hoping next weekend will be nice enough that people come to the swap, we'll be at the limit of age difference and I'm not looking to set up a 2nd brooder.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

If all goes well I will have Delawares hatching a week from today.

I have no idea how to do that stuff, I ordered eggs from someone on BYC.
Ok there is a giant freaking ad right in the middle of my screen
So I can't type further, and the dang thing will not go
Away. This is really ridiculous.
Maybe change your browser. I use Chrome and Firefox b/c both support AdBlock+.... I see NO ads on any site.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom