Colorado

HI,
Everybody ready for this wind?

Has anyone had a bantam raise standard size chicks? I have a very determined bantam. I have tried to break her but she keeps brooding.
I don't want any more bantams, but I could give her a couple chicks from Jax or Murdoch's.

Thanks.
mo

Yes, I've have. I had a little buff brahma that raised 3 standard chicks. She did great with them.

Holy smokes it was windy here last night. Thankfully it didn't last that long.

I think I'll give my bantam a couple chicks next week if she is still broody. I can't imagine her giving up, but I want to make sure.
I have a naked neck who went broody yesterday. I put her in a wire kennel aka broody jail. Hopefully she will be easy to break. I caught her early, her first night off the roost trying to brood in the nest, into broody jail she went.

Looks like a nice day today. Come on Spring!!

I had a bit of an interesting day yesterday. I woke up with some pretty bad abdominal pain. The wife forced me to go to the emergency room . It turns out that was a good thing. I had to get my apendix out yesterday afternoon. Sunday was a bad day but a good day.
I had told my daughters to put the 5 week old quail in with the older quail Saturday. The kids woke up to quite a few injuries Sunday morning and most of the new ones dead this morning. Only two females left out of six. Those older quail sure must be mean. I only have one male In there with the females at this point maybe it is time for a change of flock. I have never had this issue before and it was quite devistating for the kids to find.

I had a bit of an interesting day yesterday. I woke up with some pretty bad abdominal pain. The wife forced me to go to the emergency room . It turns out that was a good thing. I had to get my apendix out yesterday afternoon. Sunday was a bad day but a good day.
I had told my daughters to put the 5 week old quail in with the older quail Saturday. The kids woke up to quite a few injuries Sunday morning and most of the new ones dead this morning. Only two females left out of six. Those older quail sure must be mean. I only have one male In there with the females at this point maybe it is time for a change of flock. I have never had this issue before and it was quite devistating for the kids to find.

Yikes, wishing you a speedy recovery!

samsr, sorry to hear about the quail, and about your surgery, thankful your wife got you to the emergency room in time! Hopefully you are feeling better already!

I am on my way home now. All drugged up and feeling quite bloated. Dis you know they pump CO inyo yout large intestine in order to make the operation go easier. I had no idea. Should start feeling better in a couple days.

Last edited:

I am on my way home now. All drugged up and feeling quite bloated. Dis you know they pump CO inyo yout large intestine in order to make the operation go easier. I had no idea. Should start feeling better in a couple days.

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Glad your wife knew best!
I'm sorry your kids had to find the quail like that. That couldn't have been fun for them. :(

Back
Top Bottom