Colorado

If I used my knees to forecast weather, I should get going on my ark
lol.png

I got my chicks today. Only one DOA. It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be, to open a box with a dead chick. The rest (20) are doing great!!
Super cute, eating and drinking and running around like nuts. I couldn't believe how fast they took to eating and drinking. I've never raised chicks before. I've always had broody's do it for me. They aren't even close to this active with a broody at three days old.

Anyone have any free chicks? Trying to get at least 2 more for the kids. can pick up in denver metro/northern colorado

or something cheap..maybe.

Last edited:
Cute pictures. I have no idea how you guys get those chicks to stay still long enough to snap a picture. Mine are hopping everywhere.
We only got about 4 or 5 inches. It's heavy though.

lol.png

I got my chicks today. Only one DOA. It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be, to open a box with a dead chick. The rest (20) are doing great!!
Super cute, eating and drinking and running around like nuts. I couldn't believe how fast they took to eating and drinking. I've never raised chicks before. I've always had broody's do it for me. They aren't even close to this active with a broody at three days old.
Sorry for the doa, but that's not too bad out of 21! I'm so amazed they ship so well. Can't wait to see them today... hopefully the weather will cooperate. Going to do my best to come today b/c I've got plans with the kids on Fr and going to the Denver swap on Sa. Think we'll just wait until the commuter traffic dies down to head out.

We had our first chicken catastrophe this week. I needed to clean out the brooder and it was nice outside, so I took the chicks out in the yard and my boys were playing with them. I went back inside to clean brooder parts and the boys came running in screaming about a big bird landing in the yard. I ran out to the chicks and counted and the little barred rock was missing.
sad.png
Apparently the boys got up and were running around the yard and prey birds are not inhibited by screaming boys running around. So we'll be building a little chick shelter to put them in for some outside time.

We got about 5" of snow last night in Denver and it's still coming down, but the roads are pretty clear. Gotta love spring in CO! LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom