Colorado

welcome-byc.gif
TheresaB!!!

cheers all:
a comment about humidity here..in CO.
I just hatched 10/10 which are now one week-old, and 2 were a day behind the others. I read alot about RH here on byc and decided to use 35-45% for the 1st 18 days, then up to 67-74% and no turning for the last 3 days. This work perfect for me and this was my 1st hatch woohoo. I used a still air hovabator 1620 w/temps at 99-101 degrees farh. I have loads of indoor plants and fish tanks so my indoor RH never falls below 50% and is usually around 68-70% RH. I never candled them as they were EE's and Terracota eggs (to dark).

I got the GO from the Farmer's market organizer!
wee.gif

Tuesday, June 16th (3pm - 7pm) I will be setting up a 10x10 tent at the Fountain Valley Farmer's Market held in downtown Fountain in front of the court house for a POULTRY SWAP!

If anyone has poultry they would like to sell, contact me about reserving a space and how much room you think you will need. A space is only $10, and anyone who has a small number of birds can split a booth with me. (I will most likely just be selling hatching eggs, produce and fresh herbs so there will be plenty of room for others to join me)

You can also contact the farmer's market organizer directly
Lori Brazil
719-447-8637
achievementgallery(at)msn.com

I know this is really early, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. It is a nice option for those of us who can't make that expensive toll-road drive to Greeley.

As I stated before, any eggs sold would have to be sold as fertile hatching eggs. The farmer's market association does not allow them to sell eating eggs unless they have certain certifications.

Last edited:
celebrate.gif

How fun for you all down there!

That's still a trek for me pretty much either way. Just a question though, isn't I-25 a straight shot up north bypassing the tolls? I hate driving around where I'm not sure where I'm going either for fear of running into one of those stupid things and not being prepared for it and not being able to turn around
barnie.gif

Quote:
I am pretty sure it's a straight shot, no tolls. I think. Hubby has never mentioned any when he has to make runs to wyoming anyway. But, i have never been to Greely either, so there may be a part that is tolled.
big_smile.png
Either way, I am psyched about this!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Here is the spot.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...688726,-104.702625&spn=0.038991,0.081367&z=14

I will make a more coherent post with details and sign up info the first part of May. I will also start advertising in the farm sections in craigslist to get more potential vendors and customers. The more people participating, the more choices and options we will have.

If the first one goes well, I figure we could do it once a month or every two months throughout farmer's market season.

Last edited:
In other news, local feed stores are getting ready to get their duckling and chick orders in.

Colorado Agri Feed in Colorado Springs (Austin Bluffs & Barnes area near Dogherty High School) is getting theirs in the Week before Easter.

Big R in Falcon has an order coming in on the 9th. I will be going out to Big R, so if you get there before me, don't buy all the ducks!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom