Colorado

Good morning all! Another windy day in Colorado
roll.png

I am heading to the feed store in about 2 hours to get some new chicks!
celebrate.gif
WooHoo! I have been so excited all morning! My DS keeps telling me how weird I am.
big_smile.png
I would go get them sooner, but they were still "unpacking" them.

DP are you getting your babies at Murdochs? Did they say what breeds they got in? Pics!!!!

Wind is just starting to pick up here. What is going on this year with it? I don't remember it being this windy for so long.
barnie.gif

They just approved wind turbines out here in Pueblo West. You can't set up a giant one... but the under 30' ones are OK. Today we are easily gusting 40mph... about every other 10 seconds! I read the turbines shut down over 50mph and something about shutting down if the power grid in your area shuts down. Plus, they're about $14k before govt. rebates of $4k. Not exactly practical if you aren't staying forever on the land.

Chickens are holding strong out in the coop. They can hear the wind, but not feel it. Makes them a bit flighty- but living out here they'll get use to it.

DouglasPeeps - where did you get your peeps from? How many and what kinds did you get?

I just got back from Elizabeth Feed with 13 new chickies. They are a day old and doing great thus far. I got Australorp, Barred Rocks, EEs and RIR. The kids haven't quit holding them yet.

I think I just saw the neighbors dog fly by in this wind....
lol.png

If I did a wind turbine, it would be home made. There is a specific type of wind turbine that harnesses the varying winds in urban areas. I just need some good plans for the electrical

My husband wants a wind turbine so badly. On days like today... he just drools over the wind power. Poor guy, walking around with his shirt wet from all that drool.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom