Colorado

It does, thanks! I decided to email Murdock's and ask the. About breeds. I guess they will post the lists on heir Facebook pages and probably websites at the end of the week. I'm closest to the Littleton store, but will look at the Longmont store too now. Thanks!

Don't forget about the Parker store. A lot closer than longmont! Elizabeth country corner will also post their lists and dates on their website soon. http://www.elizabethcountrycorner.com//index.cfm?Page=docs/Chicks and More!
We got our D'Uccle there and she did great at show.

Sad about the dog!!! Hope she finds a home too, if not, is best she is put down humanely instead of being run over by a car, or worse!!!!
X2

I think a meeting sounds great too once the weather is warmer.

We got home late last night and saw the damage to the house for the first time. I'm hoping to update my blog tonight with details and pics. It's crazy how much damage was done. Estimator was here this morning, we should have an idea of cost in a couple days. We are going to have a couple more companies out to do estimates too. I am technically back at work today, but have to actually leave the house tomorrow. Not looking forward to dealing with this at the same time as work.

I think a meeting sounds great too once the weather is warmer. We got home late last night and saw the damage to the house for the first time. I'm hoping to update my blog tonight with details and pics. It's crazy how much damage was done. Estimator was here this morning, we should have an idea of cost in a couple days. We are going to have a couple more companies out to do estimates too. I am technically back at work today, but have to actually leave the house tomorrow. Not looking forward to dealing with this at the same time as work.
Sorry to hear about the water damage.
I got home late Saturday night after spending a week at Disney World in Florida (I can tell where not to go on vacation during the holidays). It was my parents 50th wedding anniversary and they brought the kids and grandkids there for a week. It rained everyday and was actually cold. The drive was very fast and long.
We came home to a frozen water spigot on the outside of the house. It looks like out sitter watered the critters and just left it on. I am hoping that the pipe did not split in the wall. I will get home early tomorrow and shut off the water to the house. Then go out with a hair drier and see if I can get it to thaw out. It looks like a frozen waterfall below the faucet. Kind of pretty but potentially costly. I hate sweating pipes during the winter. If I have to open the wall, I will go ahead and run the splitter and run the water pipe for the stand pipe that I want to put in by the coop.
There is only a little frostbite in the larger combs of the roos, so that could have been worse. According to my weather station. It reached -15 while we were gone.

Sorry to hear about the water damage.
I got home late Saturday night after spending a week at Disney World in Florida (I can tell where not to go on vacation during the holidays). It was my parents 50th wedding anniversary and they brought the kids and grandkids there for a week. It rained everyday and was actually cold. The drive was very fast and long.
We came home to a frozen water spigot on the outside of the house. It looks like out sitter watered the critters and just left it on. I am hoping that the pipe did not split in the wall. I will get home early tomorrow and shut off the water to the house. Then go out with a hair drier and see if I can get it to thaw out. It looks like a frozen waterfall below the faucet. Kind of pretty but potentially costly. I hate sweating pipes during the winter. If I have to open the wall, I will go ahead and run the splitter and run the water pipe for the stand pipe that I want to put in by the coop.
There is only a little frostbite in the larger combs of the roos, so that could have been worse. According to my weather station. It reached -15 while we were gone.

Hope you can get it to thaw with no problems. I didn't get the blog updated but I did get the story and some pics put on our crowd funding.
I just thought I'd give everyone an update on our disaster. I don't want to retype it all. Not trying to make a plea for money from you guys, but our story is up on http://igg.me/at/flamingarrowfarm/x if you are interested in reading about it and seeing pics (I forgot to put pics of our bedroom/bathroom which had the wood floors cut out of them). I don't know how much I'll post in the next week or so, but I'm trying to keep up with my reading. If you can share the campaign I'd be grateful.

Has anyone found that some feed stores have a better selection of spring chicks then others? I'm planning on checking out Murdochs in Littleton and Parker, and possibly Elizabeth Country Corner. I live in centennial just west of I-25 & Arapahoe, and don't mind driving a bit for silkies and bantams. Are there any other store's websites/breed lists that I should look into that you can suggest? Thank you!

Also, if anyone comes across a random store with a good variety of chicks, could you share?

Last edited:
Has anyone found that some feed stores have a better selection of spring chicks then others? I'm planning on checking out Murdochs in Littleton and Parker, and possibly Elizabeth Country Corner. I live in centennial just west of I-25 & Arapahoe, and don't mind driving a bit for silkies and bantams. Are there any other store's websites/breed lists that I should look into that you can suggest? Thank you!

Also, if anyone comes across a random store with a good variety of chicks, could you share?
I'm terrible at navigation/location/distance now, but have you checked out Wardle Feed? http://wardlefeed.com/chicks-sale/ It seems they have chicks for sale daily now (?) and that they might be willing to get specific breeds if you call them up and ask. I don't know if they're a good store or not, but that was the first place that came up when I searched for places in CO that sold chicks. Might be a good idea to keep an eye out on CL and in the Sell/Buy/Trade area here also to see if any local breeder will have some for sale in the spring.

EDIT: also, a number of local hatcheries came up in my search as well. not sure if any would be of help to you but you know better what you're looking for than I would. :) https://www.google.com/webhp?source...1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=chicken hatchery colorado

Last edited:
Hope you can get it to thaw with no problems. I didn't get the blog updated but I did get the story and some pics put on our crowd funding.
I just thought I'd give everyone an update on our disaster. I don't want to retype it all. Not trying to make a plea for money from you guys, but our story is up on http://igg.me/at/flamingarrowfarm/x if you are interested in reading about it and seeing pics (I forgot to put pics of our bedroom/bathroom which had the wood floors cut out of them). I don't know how much I'll post in the next week or so, but I'm trying to keep up with my reading. If you can share the campaign I'd be grateful.
I put your link up on my twitter. I don't have that many followers, but hopefully it'll help spread the word out! :)

If you are coming out to Elizabeth you can stop by Big R also. I didn't see any silkies there but we only saw one batch. They had a big bin of "pullets" and "straight run" that are mixed breeds. They don't know what breeds they have or which is which, so they are hit or miss. We have some barred rocks and a speckled sussex from there.

Murdoch's has a nice variety of breeds as does Country Corner. Our friend has a buff silkie from Country Corner. It is much smaller than our other silkies. Not the best crest but cute. They have had D'Uccles and Japanese bantams that I've seen.

I bought a pullet from Wardel's at a fair once. It was sneezing and stunk. I wouldn't buy from them again. FWIW

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom