Colorado

Good luck on the hatch uzi. Hope you get something.

I can understand people not liking the rooster crowing especially early in the morning. I decided to call the humane society tomorrow as I should have an answer on the offer by then. I think I'm going to start keeping him in the garage overnight again. At least there is less chance he'll bother people that way.

I can't believe how big my girls are getting... I'll have to post pics later. They just turned 4 weeks, got most of their feathers in... They're really friendly too, I open the brooder door and a couple of them will fly right out and land on my shoulder or arm... :)

Good luck on the hatch uzi. Hope you get something.

I can understand people not liking the rooster crowing especially early in the morning. I decided to call the humane society tomorrow as I should have an answer on the offer by then. I think I'm going to start keeping him in the garage overnight again. At least there is less chance he'll bother people that way.
Ah, yes! The things we do for our pets. I have kept my daughters (probably not legal) rooster in my acura rdx all last summer until I finished building his more soundproof "man cave". He goes into his man cave Friday and Saturday nights so the neighbors (and husband) can sleep in.

Got 2 in the brooder and 2 more pipping. Had to take the 2 out because they were constantly rolling the other eggs. I don't know if it's a goose thing but man does the incubator stinks. Eggs were dirty and didn't trust myself washing them but I don't think that's the whole story. Hopefully I don't have a time bomb in there.

Hello everyone,
Im new to this and live in Arvada, west of Denver about 10 miles! I just got my coop supplies so I dont have my chickens quite yet
1f606.png
(planning on getting 4) Cant wait to check this out and watch my birds do funny stuff. My kids are thrilled and hopefully pictures will follow soon of my process from 0-eggs
1f414.png
1f413.png
1f414.png
1f413.png

Any and all suggestions would be great!

Hello everyone! I'm up in Ft. Collins--we got our chickies mid-March and are almost done with our coop. We've got 4 so far--a Buckeye (Genny), Speckled Sussex (Freya), Cuckoo Maran (Sally Princess), and an Easter Egger (Sunny). Fingers crossed we've got all ladies! I'm brand new to all this, hoping to learn as much as I can and not screw up too much ;)

Hello everyone,
Im new to this and live in Arvada, west of Denver about 10 miles! I just got my coop supplies so I dont have my chickens quite yet
1f606.png
(planning on getting 4) Cant wait to check this out and watch my birds do funny stuff. My kids are thrilled and hopefully pictures will follow soon of my process from 0-eggs
1f414.png
1f413.png
1f414.png
1f413.png

Any and all suggestions would be great!

Hello everyone! I'm up in Ft. Collins--we got our chickies mid-March and are almost done with our coop. We've got 4 so far--a Buckeye (Genny), Speckled Sussex (Freya), Cuckoo Maran (Sally Princess), and an Easter Egger (Sunny). Fingers crossed we've got all ladies! I'm brand new to all this, hoping to learn as much as I can and not screw up too much ;)
Well Howdy you two! Nice to have you on the thread.
Please feel free to ask any and all questions. Lots of good info on this site and we enjoy sharing our experiences with you.
I love the Buckeyes! They are on my list of "Get Some One of These Days!"

Got 2 in the brooder and 2 more pipping. Had to take the 2 out because they were constantly rolling the other eggs. I don't know if it's a goose thing but man does the incubator stinks. Eggs were dirty and didn't trust myself washing them but I don't think that's the whole story. Hopefully I don't have a time bomb in there.

You just have to take pics when you get a chance..... Congrats on the hatchings.

Back
Top Bottom