Colorado

Very cute @PirateGirl :love If you need to add niacin you can also use a vitamin B complex/complete. You just have to look at the label and see how much niacin it has. I found a B100 complete that was a powder in gel pill. I ended up picking mine up at Safeway in the vitamin section. I just add it to the food. I have only ever found brewers yeast at the natural grocery type stores.

Very cute @PirateGirl :love If you need to add niacin you can also use a vitamin B complex/complete. You just have to look at the label and see how much niacin it has. I found a B100 complete that was a powder in gel pill. I ended up picking mine up at Safeway in the vitamin section. I just add it to the food. I have only ever found brewers yeast at the natural grocery type stores.

Thanks. I might try and drive to Wholefoods after work. It's a bit further, but they might have it. I will look at the vitamin B instead. Apparently CityMarket/Kroger carries nutritional yeast, but they are out and there is a problem with the supplier and they have no idea if/when it will be back in stock. So far the ducklings seem good, but one is a little off balance when it stands and then will fall/sit back on its elbows kinda (moreso than the other one) I don't know if it's just a growing baby thing and not strong yet or the beginnings of a problem. I got all my other birds at an older age, so this phase is new to me!

There are others in Denver metro area. Earth Dog has one on the first Saturday of the month. There is one at Tractor Supply in Brighton and Littleton on the second saturday of the month. Then there is the Wardle Feed and Supply on the third Saturday of the month. Finally in Grand Junction at the Tractor Supply there on the last Saturday of the month is a swap, but then that may be too far for some people.

Then there is the Rocky Mountain Feather Fanciers bird swap every two months from March to September on the second Sunday of those months held at Agfinity Inc in Brighton. The March swap I was able to sell all my birds early. http://www.rockymtnpheasant.com/swap.html

But after I asked this question and posted, I found out there are two more called Critter Swap held at the Big R in Peyton on HWY 24 on the first and third Saturday of every month. This Saturday, May 19, 2018, is the next one. It will held 10am-3pm. I really do hope this one will work out. I don't want to drive very far.

Time for an update.
The 2 bachelor ganders have been very interested in the goslings so I figured I would give them the late hatcher and see if they would raise her. She scooted under the fence into the other goose pen and ran right up to daddy. 10 seconds later she was part of the group. Checked in on them a few times at night and everything seemed fine. This morning she ran out of the pen with the other goslings like she belongs.
Amazing how quickly they grow. 2 1/2 weeks old. Off heat and outside at one week. So much easier than chicks.
IMG_20180514_172606.jpg

Back
Top Bottom