Colorado

I have 6 silkies and 2 white crested polish. I guess I just like the odd looking ones. What about you?
I moved out of the Springs to the country so I wouldn't have restrictions two summers ago and went a little crazy. :oops: I've got Ameraucanas, CCLs, GLW, Barnvelder, BC Marans, Cochins in three colors, Welsummers, EEs, Dark Brahma, and Leghorn. I've been hatching eggs from my flock, 18 hatched so far. :jumpy They are EEs and OEs, since both my males are pure for the blue egg gene. Plus I bought myself some Partridge Silkie chicks for my birthday. They were just too cute to pass up. :love Hoping they'll be good broodies. I've got Saxony and WH ducks as well. Getting ready to put some duck eggs in the incubator for the first time. :woot

Just a reach out here. I'm wondering if there are any swaps this last weekend of March. If anyone has seen flyers or adds or any information on swaps going on this weekend, Please post it here.

I moved out of the Springs to the country so I wouldn't have restrictions two summers ago and went a little crazy. :oops: I've got Ameraucanas, CCLs, GLW, Barnvelder, BC Marans, Cochins in three colors, Welsummers, EEs, Dark Brahma, and Leghorn. I've been hatching eggs from my flock, 18 hatched so far. :jumpy They are EEs and OEs, since both my males are pure for the blue egg gene. Plus I bought myself some Partridge Silkie chicks for my birthday. They were just too cute to pass up. :love Hoping they'll be good broodies. I've got Saxony and WH ducks as well. Getting ready to put some duck eggs in the incubator for the first time. :woot
Wow that all sounds amazing! I think I'm where I need to be as a newbie with my smaller flock. Maybe one day! Hatching your own eggs must be incredibly rewarding.

Here’s the schedules for the Falcon, Kiowa, and Pueblo swaps. I don’t know of any others. Hopefully no more will be cancelled due to weather.
F169DD22-AEFB-45FC-9FDD-4EFB120D1439.png
3EA91472-769F-4FE5-84AD-81868E71A86C.png
A75354FB-8662-47C3-975B-CDE916138D16.png

ETA Someone posted this link on another group. Looks like it has everything for CO.
Here's the link to the Swap List https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PeJtHxVLekLobk-rBRClG3FZ8txpc1g31IG7CxQ9icc/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I got home yesterday from picking up turkey poults (going to grow Thanksgiving dinner this year) and found an interesting visitor in the barn coop. I checked with a neighbor that I thought he might belong to and it turns out he does. The neighbor let’s him roam though so he wasn’t missing, per say. But interesting twist, the neighbor said I could keep him if I wanted. I want to but I’d have to find a female. On that note, anyone know anyone who might have an extra Yellow Golden Pheasant female?
2BA7CA17-8AFF-49C1-BCAE-A7F2CD901FBB.jpeg
EC07BAA4-F2AA-49AA-8670-221E7585830A.jpeg
45718CEB-DD7D-44F6-8B5D-CF7857CF4CA2.jpeg

Here’s the schedules for the Falcon, Kiowa, and Pueblo swaps. I don’t know of any others. Hopefully no more will be cancelled due to weather.
View attachment 1712742 View attachment 1712743 View attachment 1712744

ETA Someone posted this link on another group. Looks like it has everything for CO.
Here's the link to the Swap List https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PeJtHxVLekLobk-rBRClG3FZ8txpc1g31IG7CxQ9icc/edit?usp=sharing
The link does not seem to work.

View attachment 1712742 View attachment 1712743 View attachment 1712744

The link does not seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom