Colorado

RMP&WF swap costs $10 for non members. You pull in, set your birds out and sell away. The serious buyers come early. A bit of everything shows up. The Chinese ladies buy up most of the cockerels if they are large enough to butcher.
Try CL first. You never know.
I've been there a few times. Yes I know about the cost since I'm a member.
I've sold out before, usually within the first two hours.
The last swap I went to was free and some guy showed up giving away free roosters. As a result I couldn't sell anything.
It's because of people like that I can't continue with this business. Once the chickens are gone, the land will be organized for planting crops.

IMG_2289.JPG
New Ayam Cermani chicks hatched over the weekend. I'm still waiting for my shipping boxes to arrive.

I haven't been on the CO thread in a bit. I hope everyone is well. So of course now that the feed stores are done with chicks for the year, my girl just went broody :th. I'm thinking about giving her some hatching eggs or popping a chick under her. If anyone has either, please shoot me a message, I don't have a rooster, so no fertile chicken eggs available to give her.

Alternately, I could let her hatch some duck eggs, but then I'd have to sell the ducklings, so if anyone is interested in ducklings, let me know how many and I can pop some fertile duck eggs under her this week.

I haven't been on the CO thread in a bit. I hope everyone is well. So of course now that the feed stores are done with chicks for the year, my girl just went broody :th. I'm thinking about giving her some hatching eggs or popping a chick under her. If anyone has either, please shoot me a message, I don't have a rooster, so no fertile chicken eggs available to give her.

Alternately, I could let her hatch some duck eggs, but then I'd have to sell the ducklings, so if anyone is interested in ducklings, let me know how many and I can pop some fertile duck eggs under her this week.
I have a rooster and have plenty of hatching eggs.
If you're not too far I can deliver them.

I've
Is anyone on this thread breeding Silkies? We had a decent hatch of Silkies, but a good number of them seem to mysteriously be dying. If you are a breeder, could you please PM me so I can try to troubleshoot my issue?
Is anyone on this thread breeding Silkies? We had a decent hatch of Silkies, but a good number of them seem to mysteriously be dying. If you are a breeder, could you please PM me so I can try to troubleshoot my issue?
had that problem last year. Some issues could be smoothering, soiled nestbox even if the top looks good, and heat. More common chicks issues can be found on line.

Back
Top Bottom