Colorado

Hey everyone! I'm checking in for my sister in law, she is in CO Springs and bought 3 pullets who have turned out to be roosters. They were hatched the first or second week of June, there is an EE, Australorp, and a mix. She would like to replace them with some pullets, anyone looking for some roos or have a couple pullets for sale in the area?

Thanks!
20200909_183135.jpg 20200909_183244.jpg 20200909_183309.jpg imagejpeg_0(22).jpg

There is a couple in Fountain who sell 100's of pullets. Nothing special just hatchery birds. They have been at the Earth Dog swap when I've been there and they appear to be well cared for. They typically advertise on CL. I will have started pullets in April-May.

We've been a quiet bunch this summer. Greatful for the recent moisture but not so much the snow. I haven't had measurable rainfall since May and My pastures are so stressed I'm afraid that they will suffer a lot of winterkill. Horses are drylotted until spring much to their displeasure. Chickens and geese ended up with decent setups and predators are practically nonexistent.
My big news is after living in Boulder county for 26 years it was time to pack up and move. Ended up E of DIA. It's out there but not having a regular 9-5 job helps. I've only had my food truck out twice this summer but hopeful of a decent fall.

We've been a quiet bunch this summer. Greatful for the recent moisture but not so much the snow. I haven't had measurable rainfall since May and My pastures are so stressed I'm afraid that they will suffer a lot of winterkill. Horses are drylotted until spring much to their displeasure.
My big news is after living in Boulder county for 26 years it was time to pack up and move. Ended up E of DIA. It's out there but not having a regular 9-5 job helps. I've only had my food truck out twice this summer but hopeful of a decent fall.

I am not sure when....or why I quit reading our state thread....

Maybe it was when things went quiet a couple years ago.

While I am certainly not a snow lover either I sure am glad the smoke has been washed from the air. I have 2 elderly birds showing stress but am unsure if it is from the temp swings or the heavy smoke we had.

So you are doing a food truck these days? I hope you are able to have a great fall after a very dry summer....both for the plants and the business.

@2ndTink she can try the Facebook group Colorado Country Critters. It was created for the swap that happens at the Big R in Falcon, but lots of folks post animals for sale that aren't going to the swap. Members are from a pretty large area, the Springs included.

I haven't been on BYC much in the last year or so. I just rarely find the time any more. I added a pony and mini horse to my little hobby farm. I've been training the pony to drive; a very intense process considering the pony was totally green and I've never owned nor trained a horse. Thank goodness for my trainer, Grace. Its been crazy but lots of fun. Plus I have 5 goat does in milk. I've been experimenting with cheese making. The poor chickens and ducks have taken a back seat in all the craziness. :p

@2ndTink she can try the Facebook group Colorado Country Critters. It was created for the swap that happens at the Big R in Falcon, but lots of folks post animals for sale that aren't going to the swap. Members are from a pretty large area, the Springs included.

I haven't been on BYC much in the last year or so. I just rarely find the time any more. I added a pony and mini horse to my little hobby farm. I've been training the pony to drive; a very intense process considering the pony was totally green and I've never owned nor trained a horse. Thank goodness for my trainer, Grace. Its been crazy but lots of fun. Plus I have 5 goat does in milk. I've been experimenting with cheese making. The poor chickens and ducks have taken a back seat in all the craziness. :p
Thanks! I'll let her know about the group.

I used to have horses, they are definitely a time commitment! Have fun with driving, my husband has been wanting to get a pony or mini donkey. I thought it would be cool to have one and train them to pull a little wagon to help with yard work 😂

Back
Top Bottom