Colorado

When you are ready to buy, most of us will recommend you drive to FC and visit Feeder Supply. No feed store can complete with her selection. Normally, they have a workshop Saturday in March but I haven't seen it advertised. I will have pullets to sell in May. EE, BR, RIR, BO and red sexlink.

Thanks for the recommendation! We moved here in September and are still learing about the area, but I think I remember seeing the Feeder Supply store in my travels. We will definitely check that out.

First on our list is to get the coop and then work on getting the birds. We have a 2-1/2 year old grandson, so we would be wanting chickens that would be good with little ones. Which would you suggest?

Must have EEs for the green eggs. A variety of breeds make it more fun and easier to identify as well as provide a colorful egg basket. Personally, I stay away from red breeds as they tend to have bossy temperaments but others swear by them.
Workshop at FS is next Sat. Even if you're not ready for chickens, might be informative. Honestly, I've never been to any of the classes but I've done plenty of chick shopping. Check out their listing on CL. You can get a good idea of just what she carries.

Thanks for the recommendation! We moved here in September and are still learing about the area, but I think I remember seeing the Feeder Supply store in my travels. We will definitely check that out.

First on our list is to get the coop and then work on getting the birds. We have a 2-1/2 year old grandson, so we would be wanting chickens that would be good with little ones. Which would you suggest?

CO has a lot of micro-climates, so I’m not sure how long/harsh your winter is. I like to try and get birds with heavier bodies and smaller combs and shy away from game birds and leghorns etc.

I am looking for a couple of very young female ducklings or female goslings. I have a gosling incubating due to hatch around 4/4. The other eggs didn't make it and I want to find some friends that will be about the same age. Let me know what you have. I'm in Northern Colorado.

When you are ready to buy, most of us will recommend you drive to FC and visit Feeder Supply. No feed store can complete with her selection. Normally, they have a workshop Saturday in March but I haven't seen it advertised. I will have pullets to sell in May. EE, BR, RIR, BO and red sexlink.
My lovely bride and I are planning on going to the chicken clinic at Feeder Supply tomorrow.

We will probably look you up to get some pullets in May. We are thinking that six would be a good number to get. I apologize for not knowing the abbreviations for the birds, but I think that “EE” means Easter Eggers…right? I have seen a few videos that recommend them if you have small children around.

We will be getting our backyard fenced in the meantime and after that, we will be getting a coop....:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom