Colorado

Over the weekend it was announced that a farm in Weld county has tested positive for bird flu and 1.3 M birds were to be destroyed. There are 3 egg farms that I know of within 45 miles of me and Weld county is the largest country in the state but has anyone heard any more details? Wild birds have been noticable absent this winter and pelicans and Canada geese are only flyovers. One more thing on our plates...
On a positive note, I got my garden in. Just waiting on the tomatoes and peppers. I normally finish up planting June 1st so I'm way ahead of the game. Had a few handfuls of asparagus yesterday for dinner too. I currently have 4-5 fruit tree root stock that I am looking to graft new trees on. Specifically looking for an apricot and plum for pollinators and the rest, not sure. If anyone has branch trimmings for me to practice on, let me know.

I think I just answered my own question. Saw the quarantine area and the farm on 52 is smack in the middle... Still want confirmation. Isn't it in the best interest of all to announce who it is?
A farm a few miles from me tested positive recently, and I don't believe they ever said the name. The only reason I know who it was, is because I know someone who works there.

There's a couple of threads on byc about them, and another byc member dretd is in Colorado and does the decrowing surgery. I am having her do the surgery on my ayam cemani & white bresse roos soon and have a semi-quieted rooster from her.

Idk about futzing with something on my roosters everyday. The rest of my roos not used for breeding will become capons, which also stops crowing and aggressive behavior. Fwiw
Hello! I live in town and have chickens for the eggs, but also want to sell and give away hatching eggs. And, I don't want to eat or rehome my roo. I just got the chicks a few days ago and am teaching them to get used to being handled, etc. While doing this, I have gotten very attached to them. Did you find a vet in Colorado?

Back
Top Bottom