Colorado

Been super quite around here. We must all be melting from the heat.
My garden is shaping up to be another disappointment. The cool weather vegetables produced one meal apiece and gave up the fight. Pulled the beets and they were only the size of a pencil so ate the greens and the chickens got the rest. Got 1/2 C of peas. Need to pull them and replant in a couple weeks. Hopefully we will have a long mild fall that stretches into Nov like last year. Got one handful of asparagus and it bolted. It's only year 2 so ok with that. Had to put up shade cloth for the tomatoes. Who's ever heard of that? The whole garden needs shade.
This year's pullets on the other hand have been a bright spot. I started a batch of 50 and as things progressed with avian flu I was panicking that I would be unable to sell them and have to implement plan B. Thankfully I sold all of them and probably could of moved another 50. The 5 I kept were all laying between 16-19 weeks. Even the slower Cochin.
Now hay prices....
Someone pull the emergency brake.

Hey, Folks! I'm unsure if I'm in the right place or not, but a helpful BYC member suggested I post in this thread that tailors to Coloradan chicken enthusiasts! If I'm posting in the wrong spot, please let me know!

I currently have a flock of 40+ birds and I love ALL my birds...however, my hubby isn't a fan of ALL my "feather kids!" In order to keep marital harmony, I have to place a few of my fellas. I have two Salmon Faverolle cockerels and one Godlen-Laced Wyandotte cockerel that need to fly my coop and find new flocks of their own. My fellas are all gorgeous and healthy! They're 17 wks old on their way to 18. For whatever reason, my husband isn't a fan of either breed. I'd love to see the guys get homes that will allow them to grow, thrive, contribute and prosper!!! We're located in Huerfano Cty, Southern Colorado. If interested and can help my guys make a new start, please let me know! Fabio.jpg JackJr.jpg

Thank you, lomine! I sincerely appreciate the advice! I'd love to see the boys move on to coops of their own and create more beautiful birds, but we who are involved in animal husbandry/farming/ranching understand the facts of life. My desire in placing them was for them to create future progeny, but understand that might not be their fate!

Back
Top Bottom