Colorado

Quote:
Are you sure you want to plant Horseradish? I have a huge clump of it that was here 24 years ago when I moved in. No matter how many times I dig it up, it keeps coming back! I'm in Arvada, and you're more than welcome to come dig!!

I make homemade mustards and would love to have horseradish to add.
with 1/2 an acre of eastern plains, if I can grow it and its green and not dry and brown I'll be happy
gig.gif

PM me your info and I'll find a time good for both of us to drop by and play in the dirt..
And thanks!

The rhubbarb isn't doing well this year. I think those -20º cold snaps we got messed them up. I am moving a few plants and should have some root pieces if you are interested. Do you ever get to the Colorado Springs area?

I am also looking for comfrey, so if anyone has any to sell or trade, please post here.

As for horse radish, the foliage is kind of pretty. But then again I think rhubarb leaves are pretty, so what do I know?
big_smile.png

Oh thats too funny! Don't worry they are safe and sound. I havnt been on the site for a day or two so will get back to anyone who pm'd me with questions and I apologise for the delay, been weeding and pulling out dead trees from last years hail.
Quote:
Andrea -
Don't you go selling MY BCMs!!! LOL Thanks for the pics! Can't wait until next weekend now!

BTW - Anyone have or know of where I can pick up 1 or 2 polish chicks? Preferably silver laced, or black, white, etc. My hubby has become QUITE attached to his one little silver laced Polish that hatched a few weeks ago. It was the only one that hatched from the April egg trade, along with one little BO, both from Hot2Pot. We're planning on housing it with my daughters 5 silkies so it won't get picked on. The silkies have been nice so far...

Have I said already about how excited I am to be coming to the east slope next weekend????
lol.png

If anyone wants to meet for dimsum on Saturday morning at Star Kitchen or SuperStar, we'll be there!!!!! Maybe we could all share a big dish of chicken feet!
tongue.png
or not....
hide.gif

They are from pocono farms and I was told they got their stock from a show quality breeder out of Texas specializing in Lavenders and from an ebay seller specializing in Cuckoos ( she had an add out yesterday ( the ebay seller )not sure if it is still out but her adults looked gorgeous to me. Most are grey or blue and I think black. I am planning to keep the Cuckoos and the Lavender plus one of the Blacks and One Blue. The parents were mixed in together so I assume you could get other colors from these babies
Quote:
What color are the silkies that you are selling and what quality?

Stickers, if you can split the comfrey I would love some and would be willing to drive some down to Springs for Wifezilla also..
celebrate.gif
garden party!!
If the -20 is what did it then maybe I don't have to feel so horrible about killing the rhubarb.. it looked fairly small compared to some I have seen anyway. Perhaps I'm not such a bad gardener after all..
fl.gif

Sorry to interrupt your gardening thread...
tongue2.gif

But I have a free male mallard (gray) if anyone wants him, he is very skitsih. PM me if you want pics, or are interested. Falcon/ Black forest area.

_____
P.S.
My rub bard is like the size of a dandle lion
hmm.png
darn you colorado and your bi-polar weather.,
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom