Colorado

Of course if my rooster keeps crowing every 15 minutes (at least) all day like he's doing today, I could be schlepping him up anywhere that will do the job. And hitting me in the back of the legs with his wings when I go out (not hard) and standing there looking innocent saying "who me?" when I turn around to see who it was, which he did 2x today. You can clearly see the "who me" on his face. or it could be a "what?"

Quote:
Nope not roos or meaties. I have 3 older Buff Orps that I was thinking about processing so I could bring in 3 new layers. My Buffs are 3 years old (be 4 in February) and are slowing down as layers.

Urbansustainability,

Is your farmer on Sundari's list? Can/will you share his info or is he not ready for emails or phone calls yet? His location?

I'm with Breezy on who I'd like to support, which is why I would choose to go to Long Shadow even though they're not USDA.

ETA: But would still really like someone closer.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Popping in for a moment ...

Thanks, Ryan, for the wonderful note you said about me. Hope the chicks are working out well, and that they're happy in their new home.

Other news:

Raised enough money for my son's service puppy. Still working to pay for training but a HUGE thanks to everyone who donated recipes for my fundraising cookbook and helped in other ways. He's a beautiful 9-week old white (ok, very light yellow) lab.

Hubby's father is dying. Right now Hubby's 2 states away, getting FIL settled in hospital, organizing paperwork, and trying to wrap his mind around all of this. He's torn up. Your thoughts with my husband at this time would be appreciated.

Out of the easter egger day-old chicks I brought home last year (2010), one of my girls went broody. Amazing! Moved her to the "maternity ward" and set 8 eggs under her. A week ago last Friday, a day ahead of schedule, 6 chicks hatched, 1 egg was bad and one went missing (possibly a mouse or chipmunk). Adorable! They are all dark, but two of them have reddish heads. LOVE it!

Joe/Ghillie: you should come up and visit again. Shimmer still hasn't crowed, and neither have the others that look like her. I think we're getting mostly girls. Ready for another yet?

Now ... a chicken party!

The chicken party here in rural Elizabeth may be on after all. We were going to take 10-15 chickens to Simla mid August but the people I just sold my last two baby goats to said they'd "help us" butcher chickens. He has experience as long as you don't mind the skin being ripped off (saves the plucking part). He's willing to learn how to do ducks (hint hint WifeZilla). Will do all for a nominal fee (maybe $2.00 a chicken and a little more for ducks). Not sure about quail or other poultry ... just ask tho. And if you just wanna come and watch or just use this as a meetup, bring a snack! I'll find out exactly how we need to set things up and what people need to bring. So ... E-MAIL me if you are interested, and if enough people show interest, we'll schedule it.

Last edited:
Welcome to Colorado and BYC. Once you get used to the mexican out here, you will never want TexMex again. For years I longed for it and once I finally got some after being in Co for about 10 years; well that TexMex just didn't do it for me at all!
gig.gif

Congrats on getting your girls! They are adorable, love the grocery cart pic!

J, where do you like to eat Mexican food at? I'm with you on the tex-Mex
smile.png
When we were in Arvada we like to eat at Mi Tierra's in Olde Town. Haven't found anywhere in Brighton yet, haven't had the time to go "exploring"

Back
Top Bottom