Colorado

It was so windy today, my chickens who free range came up to the house and were hiding behind the garage, I went to check on them and my favorite hen come running as usual and got blown into the field, thank goodness she was not hurt, I am not much a chicken hugger but this hen has just taken my heart ever since she was a chick, if she got hurt I think I would hurt.

yuckyuck.gif
I collected the chooks from the fence today. It was so windy they were piled up like tumbleweeds
he.gif

My chickens had the chance and or smarts to head back to the coop before the winds got too bad here in Parker. Our little weather station clocked gusts up to 58 knots today! When attempting to right a large plant that was blown over, the wind proceeded to take the plant and me down! It was brutal!!!

Hey is anyone in the Parker area have an incubator and would be willing to hatch out some eggs for me? I'd like to have some chicks this spring to add to my flock but wanted to actually hatch them.

Also, does anyone have any orpingtons other than buff? I love my orps and would like to add more to the flock.

You All Are So Blessed And Lucky To Live In Colorado..............that Is My Dream State. I Grew Up In Calfornia. Have Lived In Florida For 25 Years And Hate It Here......................florida Sucks.....................hot And Humid All The Time......it Never Ends...............can Be 85 Degrees At Christmas.....today Was 90............. I Haaaattte It Here...............kids Almost Grown And I Can Get The Hell Outta Here...................i Just Can't Figure Out Why All The Old People Retire Here....................

Quote:
Hi Artsy1. I do feel lucky to be here in Colorado, especially in Autumn - my favorite time of year. We had our first frost and first snow this week, and the trees are starting to turn.

However, I will be thinking longingly of hot humid Florida come February. February and March are the worst and ugliest months in Colorado - so tired of the cold, brown, dirty snow and dead landscape. Yuck.

Still - 10 out of 12 months, Colorado is great - not too shabby.

Don't forget the annual Rocky Mountain Feather Fanciers show is today at the Adams County Fairgrounds. This is the state APA/ABA meet. It's just a fantastic place to see breeds of chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys, peafowl, pidgeons, etc. There is also a sale section for those wishing to purchase stock. And it is a great way to meet some of the best breeders from Colorado and the surrounding states. See you there!!

(What else are you doing today with this lousy weather?)

Hi artsy, I'm a Colorado native from way back. I'm the way you are about Florida. I don't particularly hate it here but I REALLY would like to go or experience somewhere else. I've always wanted to go to South Carolina. That would be my dream state
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom