Colorado

I figured out the way to Chicken Little's (the female D'Uccle) heart... dry oatmeal. Who would have thought? If anyone knows anyone that would like them, they are free to anyone met through BYC. If I don't find them a home, they'll be sold at a Mother's Day Chicken Swap up here in Brighton or I will have to euthanize him. That will kill me to have to do but I may not have a choice.

So it is two roos and a hen? OR two hens and a roo? And where exacly is that funny sounding town you live in? I may be interested... Dont tell DH.
lol.png
Are they good broodies?

It is one hen and one roo. Here is a picture of them.

27583_100_0654.jpg

They've got more feathers since that photo even. He is just as feathered as she is which is why I was surprised when his comb started changing to red/pink at 2 1/2 weeks old. It just keeps getting bigger and more red every day though.

Last edited:
Hi all! I am new to baby chicks and I am hoping to have some good egg layers. A friend and I ordered pullets from McMurray Hatchery. I have 10 that are about 10 days old now. How cute and how fun! We live near Colorado Springs in Ellicott.

Quote:
WELCOME and have Fun! I am new at this too. i have Quickly become addicted. I am over here 4 hours West of Denver in Grand Junction Area.

Back
Top Bottom