Colorado

I know what you mean, it is so nice out. I am still hoping my seeds diddnt get washed away by all the rain. I planted lettuce, beets, carrots, and onions right before the rain. I dont know how long to give them, but at least a week more I think.

I planted Long Leaf Tong Ho, Leaf Lettuce, Bok Choy, Mesclun, cabbage, and mustard right before we got snowed on...6 times
tongue.png

The leaf lettuce, mesclun and long leaf tong ho are still thriving. The cabbage and mustard need to be replanted.

Has anyone heard about a free seminar in Kiowa this sunday on poultry parasites and nutrition?

No... is it being put on by the Extension office? I went to one by them a month or so ago about how to try and deal with grasshoppers. It was very interesting and informative.​

Here is a copy of the email I received:

"Poultry Parasite Seminar this Sunday April 26th!

For anyone interested - CSU will be delivering a seminar on Poultry Parasites this coming Sunday, April 26 at 2pm in Kiowa, CO. This seminar is intended to inform the kids (and adults) aboult poultry parasites, how to identify them and how to effectively treat them. CSU will also give a brief talk on general nutrition for poultry. Although this seminar will be geared towards the youth, I'm sure the adults, including myself, will benefit. This seminar is free and can be attended by anyone regardless if you're enrolled in 4-H. As of now the location is the "AG Building" at the Elbert County Fairgrounds in Kiowa. For directions you can call the Elbert County Extension Office at 303-621-3162.

Gay-Leigh Camp
719-636-8922
([email protected])

If anyone is interested, I posted a pair of free three week old D'Uccle chicks over in the trade section. It breaks my heart but one of them is a roo that has a spraddle leg and curled toes. He gets around just fine and is actually the first of my chooks to use a roost. I thought that someone might be more interested in him if I threw her in to boot. I have been having a hard time bonding with her. If anyone is interested, I'll even meet you if it is a long drive.

Back
Top Bottom