Colorado

10k, since I only have 7 ducks, custom feed is not something I can do. I did call a feed mill about blending some and they want you to order 1 ton at a time :p

I am relying on bagged feed from Big R (meat/game bird blend) and supplementing with anything I can grow in the garden, minnows from my pond, and duckweed.

I have seen ads on craigslist from someone who custom blends organic feed and sells surplus. It pops up from time to time.

Ok guys, I'm currently in Florida and while away I got a call from my neighbor about a burst pipe...why do vacations come with these things???? But the reason for me posting is, who here would be willing to watch my flock when I'm away? I live in Parker.

A little far away for me to be any help. Hopefully someone closer can be of assistance.
Well we had a neighbor watch the place and thankfully they were diligent about it. But they don't know anything about chickens and frankly the lady is a bit flakey but I'm still grateful for her willingness to help at least keep an eye on things. Her husband is pretty handy and he was able to minimize the issue for us in our absence. I'm just looking for future flock and house sitters in the future. I have no issue house and flock sitting for others in the area, either... A trusted person in this situation is worth their weight in gold!

Hello Everyone! Hope the swap went well. :) Well, out of curiosity and a desire for fuzzybutts, I am looking at getting Meyer's bargain assortment in another month or so. I am looking at raising them to between 4 and 5 months and selling them. Problem is I want to process a few and may need to process a fair few if I can't find enough homes before 6 months comes up. Does anyone know of a place in or around the springs that woud process the leftovers/designated stewpot boys?

PS: sorry if there are multiple posts of of this, my iPad is driving me to distraction and acts like there's no post even though I hit the 'submit' button.

Edited for a correction.

Last edited:
Went to the Stockshow this weekend and was hoping to see more birds but I think I got there a bit early. What I did see was a bunch of bantam chickens,a couple of geese and duck and a few turkeys. The standard chickens were just beautiful and the blue and gold laces Wyns were just beauties. Did talk to a very nice lady that had white silkies I think and was very supportive of us bird junkies and encouraged involvement is the stock show. I had no idea a Jane Doe from Nowhere, Colorado could enter. I just may but the LOADS of people that blattenly disregarded signs and posters asking onlookers to " please do not feed or stick your fingers in the cages" make me fear for the welfare of exhibitor birds. Parent messing with the birds right in front of their kids totally disregarding the signs. Great examples, Moms and Dads!!!! Other than that, I think there was a great representation of people like us that just love our birds and take pride in the care and upkeep of our feathered friends. And, most of the birds appeared to be from Colorado. Way to go!

Went to the Stockshow this weekend and was hoping to see more birds but I think I got there a bit early. What I did see was a bunch of bantam chickens,a couple of geese and duck and a few turkeys. The standard chickens were just beautiful and the blue and gold laces Wyns were just beauties. Did talk to a very nice lady that had white silkies I think and was very supportive of us bird junkies and encouraged involvement is the stock show. I had no idea a Jane Doe from Nowhere, Colorado could enter. I just may but the LOADS of people that blattenly disregarded signs and posters asking onlookers to " please do not feed or stick your fingers in the cages" make me fear for the welfare of exhibitor birds. Parent messing with the birds right in front of their kids totally disregarding the signs. Great examples, Moms and Dads!!!! Other than that, I think there was a great representation of people like us that just love our birds and take pride in the care and upkeep of our feathered friends. And, most of the birds appeared to be from Colorado. Way to go!

Humm... Maybe we need to start 'predator proofing' at these things. A little electrical wire two inches or so off the bars should do it... ~Evil Grin~

Hello Coloradoans? (intersting word to spell lol). I was wandering if maybe anyone has hatching eggs, chicks, or hens for sale. Im looking for (either bantam or standard) Faverolles, Cochins, or Silkies. Im in co springs. Willing to drive 45mins out any direction to pick up babies or eggs. Or if anyone ships them or could meet half way. Thank you all!!

Back
Top Bottom