Colorado

So sorry, Chick. I took my favorite girl to the bird vet after she was huddling in the corner of the pen. He thought she was egg blocked and 'cleaned her out' with some rubber gloves. 2 hours after we got home she was dead. Nobody has any idea what happened to her. The reason I'm here is because Chrissy, one of my Ancona's, hasn't left the nesting box in 24 hours. It sucks to lose a pet, just know you're not alone.
Last year, just after our first five girls began laying eggs, we weren't getting anything from our Production Red...cross between RIR and NHR...I had read on the web to try giving her a bath in warm water, so I did so. The next day we had an egg from her. Her eggs always have blood spots on them when they come out as none of the others do but she is healthy otherwise. I have also heard to give an epsom salts bath as well and tried it with our easter egger when she went through molting and was losing weight. we brought her in and fed her extra food, baths, and she perked up. She put on weight, but she was obviously lonely so we reintroduced her to the flock and she feathered out again nicely and is doing great now.

Hi all!

Thanks again to Pozees. whom I picked up my 3 little girls from; they are doing very well and growing with leaps (literally) and bounds!

Patty, Maxine and Laverne will be singing outside on their own in a few months!!

D.gif

Last edited:
Hi all!

Thanks again to Pozees. whom I picked up my 3 little girls from; they are doing very well and growing with leaps (literally) and bounds!

Patty, Maxine and Laverne will be singing outside on their own in a few months!!

D.gif
LOL yes they are a-leapin' aren't they? I love this age, they are such little clowns :) I am astonished at the growth rate of the Araucanas in particular.

Back on the Sebright hunt!
somad.gif

Privett is not doing well with their hatch. Anyone have any leads I could use?
fl.gif

A couple of Colorado ideas for you, if you don't mind hatchery stock (ask for them to look at their future orders for upcoming weeks) which I'm thinking is ok since you were looking at Privett:
JAX will order chicks for you if they don't already have any on order--minimum is 5, but when I did that several years ago they let me just buy 2 when they came in: (970) 776-4540 (this is the Loveland store, but they have other branches). Not sure who is handling their orders this year, you'll need to ask for their chick person.
Northern Colorado Feeders Supply has chicks year round. Never been in there without chicks in the brooders. They have also special ordered in the past: 970-482-7303
Elizabeth/Kiowa Country Store: these guys move thousands of chicks through every year. They have a list up and are always adding, you could call them and see if they have any coming in: http://www.elizabethcountrycorner.com//index.cfm?Page=docs/Chicks and More!
There are lots of other feed stores. You could get on the phone and just start calling around. I have had good experiences with the above.

Good luck to you!

Has anyone heard of this brand?

KingSuro Eco20 Incubator

SuroEco2.gif
The KingSuro Eco20 egg incubator is a high quality egg incubator that is easy to use and designed for many years of use. Electronic temperature control and fan assisted air circulation for reliable hatching results. Fresh air control with adjustable vent slider and manual water injection system with internal sponge humidity system. The temperature control is easy to adjust and the incubator includes a very accurate thermometer. Tough ABS construction for easy cleaning and will last many years longer than lower cost styrofoam incubators. Great visibility for your eggs! Manual egg turning is made easy with included egg tilting base. Designed for low energy consumption and optimal temperature distribution. 24 hen eggs capacity but suitable for a wide range of egg sizes with included adjustable dividers. Includes operation manual and warranty for one year. Get a GREAT egg incubator at a GREAT Price! 120 Volt AC operation with USA cord.
ON SALE - $199.95

Back
Top Bottom