Colorado

guess they're calling for another 8 to 16 inches of snow overnight tonight...at least in the loveland/ft collins area. lol. The kids are going to love it. The chicks/hens not so much

I still have no brooder - my chicks should be here within a week.

I really hope I don't end up keeping them in my tub!!

I still have no brooder - my chicks should be here within a week.

I really hope I don't end up keeping them in my tub!!
FrogEggs-you can quickly make one out of cardboard or plastic storage bins (which we used). The plastic bin worked great but mine are getting very crowded now at 6 weeks.
smile.png

Can't wait to hear updates!

FrogEggs-you can quickly make one out of cardboard or plastic storage bins (which we used). The plastic bin worked great but mine are getting very crowded now at 6 weeks.
smile.png

Just get a big old box or rubbermaid type tub. Nothing fancy but they work fine.

That's the trouble - I have been calling around for large boxes for WEEKS, with no success.... eeeps!

FrogEggs-you can quickly make one out of cardboard or plastic storage bins (which we used).  The plastic bin worked great but mine are getting very crowded now at 6 weeks.  :)

Just get a big old box or rubbermaid type tub.  Nothing fancy but they work fine.

That's the trouble - I have been calling around for large boxes for WEEKS, with no success.... eeeps!
Where are you? I work at Big R in receiving in Elizabeth. I could watch for large boxes. We get some good size boxes . I could post when I get one.

This must be the day for large eggs. 90.8 gram egg laid today by one of my RIR. This is the largest one we have gotten from them so far. It is sitting next to one of my cochin eggs. The lid wond shut on the egg carton. This one must have hurt.Sure wish I would have been home to hear that egg song. LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom