Colorado

How old & what color and sex (if you know) are the silkies?

Silkies I have are 4 that hatched overnight, 1 dark blue or black, I need it to be a little more fluffed up but right now it looks black, and 3 that will almost certainly be splash although lighter blue is possible, then I have the three that hatched last Saturday, 2 splash and a blue, and 1 that hatched the previous Saturday that will also be a splash. Way too young to tell sex :)

Oh my, Pozees, how many of those little ones do you have? Got any super light ones?

The one that hatched a week and a half ago is light and 2 of the ones from this past Saturday look pretty light as well, here are some pictures.

The two light ones from this past Saturday have tiny little buff markings on them, so it's possible their mother is the light partridge hen, Daddy is dark blue. Even the one in the middle, that I think is going to be a blue rather than splash, could be a splash, and it's pretty light, just not quite as light as the other two.

Well, we will take those ones. Lol. Isn't it convenient we are already meeting? If you could get four I think that would be best, three makes me nervous about one dieing and not having enough left.

Thank you!
And, while we absolutely do not want anything for the eggs, let me know how much you want for the babies. Pullets eggs aren't the same as Silkie babies.

Could someone please help me with this question?

I had a rooster that suffered frostbite on his toes. I put non-pain killing Neosporin on his toes, and after a couple days it looked like things were getting much better. He was always eating, drinking, and looking like normal, except he was limping. These past couple days he was limping less and less, so I thought he was doing better. I went into the coop tonight to find him dead on the floor. No blood, obvious injuries, or violence was present. Is death a result of frostbite? How come he seemed to be doing so much better and then died?

Please help asap.

I have Roos with frost bit combs, and they're perfectly fine, so I don't think that's what's killed your boy. Did you check over his body for other injuries?

Back
Top Bottom