Colorado

Good luck on the eggs! We also got about a foot or more of snow and still flaking. No wind though
wee.gif
!!!! I spent Wed burning 25 slash piles in thigh to waist deep snow from all of the wind that dumped it off behind a ridge. I slept like a baby! Next time I will be tossing the snowshoes in the truck just in case.

Did you have trees down and all that, or was it stuff that was already loose and just blown in? I'll bet you slept like a baby!!! That's a hard day's work!

I hope you get some more snow there Pozee! People just don't get excited about moisture unless you have livestock or a garden. This will help our pastures immensely! I too remember the wind, now that you mention it. I also saw a dust swirl as I was driving up the Interstate, just glad I did not have to drive through it, as it was really tall!

I don't have Welsummers, yet! :p They are on my list though.....:) My one daughter added some BC Marans this last fall, I should add them to my siggy, but technically, they are not mine.

Pozees- yep, have to give up the girls. I am trying to sell the younger three. They are just starting to lay. They are 7 months old, one cuckoo Marans and two EEs. I am also looking for a good home for my older gals. At least one of them is laying again already and I fully expect her sister will too but they are 3 years old so I don't know how much longer they will keep it up. :/

If anyone in the springs area is interested, PM me.

I hope you get some more snow there Pozee! People just don't get excited about moisture unless you have livestock or a garden. This will help our pastures immensely! I too remember the wind, now that you mention it. I also saw a dust swirl as I was driving up the Interstate, just glad I did not have to drive through it, as it was really tall!

I don't have Welsummers, yet!
tongue.png
They are on my list though.....
smile.png
My one daughter added some BC Marans this last fall, I should add them to my siggy, but technically, they are not mine.

Oh okay now I feel less guilty - I just paid for 12+ Welsummer eggs that shipped out today, so I should have them Monday or Tuesday, and then when I saw them in your sig file I thought, Oh No!!! LOL - fingers crossed I get a hatch.

So I have some other news, too - I participated in an auction to benefit a little girl with Hodgkins Lymphoma and won 8+ White Bresse eggs for less than a chick from Greenfire, and 12 Mille Fleur D'Uccle chicks
wee.gif
- they won't be here for 2 or 3 months I'm sure but I am very excited :) I saw Mayah's MF D'Uccle and I guess I'd just never seen one in person, and once I did I thought, wow, I would really like to have some of those! I honestly expected to be sniped out of them but was not.

Pozees- yep, have to give up the girls. I am trying to sell the younger three. They are just starting to lay. They are 7 months old, one cuckoo Marans and two EEs. I am also looking for a good home for my older gals. At least one of them is laying again already and I fully expect her sister will too but they are 3 years old so I don't know how much longer they will keep it up.
hmm.png

If anyone in the springs area is interested, PM me.

I'm so sorry, what a bummer! Will you also be selling a coop or two? Seems like you had a large and small one?

I'm so sorry, what a bummer!  Will you also be selling a coop or two?  Seems like you had a large and small one?
I'm so sorry, what a bummer!  Will you also be selling a coop or two?  Seems like you had a large and small one?

The large one wouldn't survive a move. We are planning to demo it and just build a new one if/when we move back in. The little coop I would have no problems selling but the buyer would need to bring enough friends to lift it over the fence. It took 4 of us to get it back there. It's solidly build, 4'x4' with three nest boxes. I will try to find a pic.

Back
Top Bottom