Colorado

Cool. I'll  look into that... sort of a custom addition "pop top" for coops? 

Thanks Onstad1. If it seems doable, I would love to be your first guinea pig!

There isn't any great urgency, as one of my 7-week old "chicks" crowed yesterday, so I'll have to re-home him and probably at least one more. That would bring my little flock down to four, although I would like to replace the cockerels with a couple of more mature pullets or layers.

I am frequently in the Springs, at my son's near Powers and Briargate, and could plan to get together with you at some point. Otherwise, I'm in Denver, near Downtown.

Thank you for letting the "pop top" be a possibility for you and your helpers.

All good,
Alexandra (aka Alebuela)

I got half-a-day's work done around here before the rain came in. Sigh. Guess it is time to bake brownies and brew more coffee and build a fire to keep the chill off. Thunder, lightning, hail, rain, fog, burrrrrrrr....

Last edited:
Lost one of the poults, another will soon follow. The remaining 6 are lively and doing good

That's a bummer but I am glad the other ones are doing well. How old are they? I thought about getting turkeys this year but decided that they could just wait. We are getting some red broilers with the neighbors and space is an issue. You have a very nice set-up for lots of different critters!

Snow, two nights in a row. Not much, just enough to turn things white. We are in line to get upwards of 2 feet this weekend.
th.gif
The bear walked right past my coop yesterday and never paused. He/ it came up on the back porch and sniffed but just moved on and left nothing amiss. If it hadn't snowed, I never would have seen the tracks on the deck. Fairly good sized one and I tried to get pics, but apparently the kids have product tested my digital camera and it failed!!!!

That's a bummer but I am glad the other ones are doing well.  How old are they?   I thought about getting turkeys this year but decided that they could just wait.  We are getting some red broilers with the neighbors and space is an issue.  You have a very nice set-up for lots of different critters! 

Theother one is doing well. So we have 7. They are nearly 2 weeks old now. We moved them back into the house brooder due to the colder temps.

So good to hear your poults are doing well. I look forward to hearing their progress.
Margie, Mountain life isn't for sissies is it? Wow, you have some challenges don't you? I just have wind here.

I was hoping to get tomatoes in the ground this weekend. I guess I'll wait a little longer until this storm passes.

Back
Top Bottom