Colorado

Hello to all. So I'm not from Colorado but im your neighbor in Utah. My name is Lisa and I've seen here that there are some folks that have the "the grandma" chicken. I've been looking for them everywhere online and locally with no results. Could someone PLEASE give me some info and possibly where I could get chicks or eggs. Thank you in advance for Any info

They are just Easter Egger chicks that happened to be white with a grey head when hatched. We both got them from a feed store that buys from Mt Healthy hatchery. They had several that looked like this.
It was my son making a joke calling her Grandma when he saw her for the first time and it stuck like glue to the little chick. Poor little Grandma lol.

Hello to all. So I'm not from Colorado but im your neighbor in Utah. My name is Lisa and I've seen here that there are some folks that have the "the grandma" chicken. I've been looking for them everywhere online and locally with no results. Could someone PLEASE give me some info and possibly where I could get chicks or eggs. Thank you in advance for Any info Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hens-incharge

They are just Easter Egger chicks that happened to be white with a grey head when hatched. We both got them from a feed store that buys from Mt Healthy hatchery. They had several that looked like this.
It was my son making a joke calling her Grandma when he saw her for the first time and it stuck like glue to the little chick. Poor little Grandma lol.
The name stuck because from the pic, that's EGG-zactly what they looked like! Little old grandmas! Soon as I read it, it was like "DUH!" Couldn't have thought of a better description! It's no surprise the name stuck
yesss.gif

So... @lisan1984 ,
welcome-byc.gif
and welcome to the Colorado thread, even if you're not from CO...
frow.gif
Feel free to drop in and stay a while if you wish. The more the merrier!

Hello to all. So I'm not from Colorado but im your neighbor in Utah. My name is Lisa and I've seen here that there are some folks that have the "the grandma" chicken. I've been looking for them everywhere online and locally with no results. Could someone PLEASE give me some info and possibly where I could get chicks or eggs. Thank you in advance for Any info

Where in Utah? My wife and I were just there last weekend, we were both born and raised there, and have kids and grandkids in Tooele and Duchesne. Heading back that way in 2 weeks after taking my youngest to Idaho for school.

Where in Utah? My wife and I were just there last weekend, we were both born and raised there, and have kids and grandkids in Tooele and Duchesne. Heading back that way in 2 weeks after taking my youngest to Idaho for school.
right now on slc and am originally from emery county aka the middle of now where

So, I opened the gasps chicks mouth, and thought he had stalled something that was blocking his airway. So, I wrap him up, and open his beak and try to tweezer it out....I think it's attached? I swear it looks like a piece of plastic, like sandwich Baggie plastic, but the two times I got a hold of it the little guy freaked out. So maybe it's something that should have dissolved on its own, and didn't? Because it's not fully attached. Or, it's just a really long piece of debris? I'm going to have my husband help tonight, and we'll see if I can't get a better look.

Make sure it is not his crop, which would look like a sandwich baggie only more thin.  FYI

No, it's like a sheet hanging on a line, from the roof of his mouth to the back of his tongue. ive been looking up stuff online, and haven't found anything info yet. He's my fav, cream cochin mix, even though I'm pretty sure it's a boy.

Hello all, hope everyone is well today
1f60a.png
I am in KC MO, but will be moving to Pagosa Springs in June and was wondering if any of ya all could help us get acquainted with the chicken laws..
1f60a.png

It was actually a piece of plastic! I pulled on it and he freaked out, I thought it was attached. Well, my husband helped, and it was attached to the chicks tongue. As soon as the piece was pulled out, the chick fell asleep, like he hadn't slept at all in days. Then I made him some eggs and yogurt, and he was scarfing it down as soon as the other chicks started eating. I'm going to give him some olive oil as well, just in case he needs to pass some of the plastic. I really hope he survives.

Back
Top Bottom