Colorado

I'm so upset! One of my ccl escaped! Well, 3 escaped, but I caught 2.

A neighbor just came by to say she saw her in a tree an hour ago. She's not there now.

2 houses down across the street I heard the roofers say "pollo loco ".. I guess I looked a bit crazy walking up and down everywhere for 90 minutes calling out "Chicken, bawk bawk bawk. Chicken! ?"
fl.gif
Hope she comes home.

I hope find your chick is safe and sound DK.

Here are some pictures of some young birds I hatched from PC's eggs.

These two are identical, as far as I can tell. Their legs are dark, dark slate colored.

I think this is a brahma X rumpless americauna. I think she looks like a Clydesdale. Isn't she cool?

Here is the brahma X again with the rooster. It's strange his legs are so white and his sisters are so dark.
If anyone wants a rooster let me know. I think he will be handsome and have some really nice genes.

Hey guys, sorry been MIA the last couple days but I have been swamped. Not only with the hatching going on but with our gardens and greenhouses filled up and running this past week. I know nobody really cares about that and wants a chick update. ;)

Here is where we stand.

We hatched 16 total and one died today, she was the last to hatch and was super tiny. Anyway, we have 15 pretty robust gang. We hatched 9 out of the 13 fertile brown, I dropped one and one seemed to be an late quitter. Out of the EE (15) we hatched 7.

I candled the remaining of our eggs and PC's eggsh his am. I don't believe any of them will hatch. Their veining appeared thin and not plump. @Percheron chick sorry.

I did take pictures of them all today. I will post them on my profile page. I will post a link here once I am done. They have all learned how to eat and drink out of little bottle caps on the brooder floor. Today they discovered they could eat their feed, lol. It was a big day in the life of baby chicks.

Here was their fearless leader the first out of their shell. A lot of them look like this, we have some obvious chipmunk strips and two light yellow puff balls,

Last edited:
I hope find your chick is safe and sound DK. Here are some pictures of some young birds I hatched from PC's eggs. These two are identical, as far as I can tell. Their legs are dark, dark slate colored. I think this is a brahma X rumpless americauna. I think she looks like a Clydesdale. Isn't she cool? Here is the brahma X again with the rooster. It's strange his legs are so white and his sisters are so dark. If anyone wants a rooster let me know. I think he will be handsome and have some really nice genes.
Pretty girls, I was so hoping for a couple from her. That being said I know I will hatch again as it was fascinating and loved seeing the whole process. Pretty amazing stuff.

Last edited:
I'm so upset! One of my ccl escaped! Well, 3 escaped, but I caught 2.

A neighbor just came by to say she saw her in a tree an hour ago. She's not there now.

2 houses down across the street I heard the roofers say "pollo loco ".. I guess I looked a bit crazy walking up and down everywhere for 90 minutes calling out "Chicken, bawk bawk bawk. Chicken! ?"
lau.gif
I bet they were wondering.......
lau.gif

I hope she made it home.

Last edited:
Had a bad morning today. My brother's puppy broke into a brooder box & ate my blue Phoenix chick. I'm extremely upset, mostly with my brother since he refuses to train the puppy & she has pretty much ruined everything I own. I'm also extremely upset about losing my chick. It was the protector of the smaller chicks & has some gorgeous blue feathers coming in. This is harder to deal with because I just had to get another shot for the concussion migraines last night.

Hope everyone else is having a better weekend.

Had a bad morning today. My brother's puppy broke into a brooder box & ate my blue Phoenix chick. I'm extremely upset, mostly with my brother since he refuses to train the puppy & she has pretty much ruined everything I own. I'm also extremely upset about losing my chick. It was the protector of the smaller chicks & has some gorgeous blue feathers coming in. This is harder to deal with because I just had to get another shot for the concussion migraines last night.

hugs.gif

So sorry Uzisuzuki.

That's terrible. So sorry about that.

Uzi,
I am sorry to hear about the phoenix. As much as it sucks that it happened at least the tiny one has some companions still.

My sincerest condolences for the loss of your chick,
hugs.gif

Babs

Sorry for your loss :hugs

Back
Top Bottom