Colorado

We are in the Boulder area. I'll call and find out more info on the % of protein and calcium and see if it is reasonable for me to get a bulk delivery. I'll report back here when I get more info.

Regular layer feed from happy hens is 16.5% protein. I havent been able to find the calciem content. There is oyster shells added for protein however. My meat birds were eating the flock raiser at 19.5 protein and did quite well. 26 birds processed so far at an average weight of 4 pounds three ounces dressed. Heaviest was at 5.5.

Last edited:
For all those interested in the feed, I believe he picks up from this spot in Sydney, Nebraska. This is the layer feed...I sent an email to Tim @ Happy Hens to verify the label.

We are in the Boulder area. I'll call and find out more info on the % of protein and calcium and see if it is reasonable for me to get a bulk delivery. I'll report back here when I get more info.

Maggie, if you cannot be the coordinator for the drop, please let me know, if we can get enough people to order the 1,000 it is .55 cents a pound, I believe. We will order 300# that leaves #700 anyone?

I think feed you can buy at feed stores for organic Non-gmo/soy runs about $28 for 40#. If I did my math correct that is .70cents a pound.

I emailed Tim, regarding the label and protein/calcium content from the feed. Here is what he said...
"Hi Tricia, good to hear from you, crude protein is 16.5% and calcium is max 3.89% any other ?s feel free to call me, thanks, Tim."

I am down to a half bag of feed and am really trying at all costs to not buy more. I will be ordering this next week from Tim, if we cannot get this group organized.

Last edited:
Good day all...I have a young rooster (not even a year old yet, hatched this spring) who is a terrible rooster. He seems nice, looks good but has been pecking off the feathers of my hens and is causing them to bleed. Yep...he's got to die. I do not eat meat (allergen issue) and cannot process him myself. I live in Parker and will only give him away to a home plans to process and have him for dinner. So sad to see him turn bad but this cannot be allowed. He's separated from the hens now, thank goodness. Pm me or text 3038425358.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking for silkies again. Hens but will look at pullets. No unsexed chickens/cockerels/roosters.
Pet/hatchery quality OK! Age doesn't matter either. I just need some good broodies!
Might take a look at other extremely broody/good momma bantam chicken breeds, like bantam Cochin.
No standard breeds please. Looking for 2-3 broodie bantam girls to join my flock!
I can give email updates and picture updates on the well being of the chickies in their new homes if seller would like!
I live near the springs, and can travel up to about 2 hrs away.
If you live further I will ask you to please meet half way. Local in Colorado preferably.
Contact me with prices!
Thanks!
:)

Last edited:
Hey gang, so just got off the phone with Tim. Here is the deal, he can do a 500# delivery for .53 a pound or the 1000#'s. He makes regular trips to Boulder, sounds like he has a mail route, anyway he is willing to make it work. So for anyone interested, we are looking at possible delivery for next week Wed-Fri. This is for the 16.5% protein layer feed, organic, non-gmo/soy free, you will not find organic feed cheaper than .53 cents a pound, unless you bulk order all the ingredients and mix it yourself. Then you still have to add supplements too it...

IF YOUR INTERESTED IN GETTING IN ON THE ORDER PLEASE PM WITH HOW MANY POUNDS YOUR WANT TO PURCHASE. Maggie and I will then work out the rest.

Thanks and hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend, last of summer fun.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom