Colorado

I have a very well behaved Blue Ameraucana rooster. He is great to have around. I kept one of his sons that I thought would be like him. It didn’t turn out like I hoped and he was more like his mother. Towards the end he became a pain. Young cockerels can be a handful too. So I guess that’s a long way of saying it totally depends on the rooster.

Also, I have a Colorado Mountain Dog 5 month old puppy. How do I get him to not chase the chickens? He’s a wild one:lau

I have 8 roosters right now, so I guess that means I love them. :) Sometimes they’re wonderful to have around, sometimes they all act out at the same time & drive me nuts. Not sure about a Colorado Mountain Dog, but I got my GSD/Shiba Inu mix & Scotty/Yorkie mix to not chase them by working with them around the birds & hatching/brooding chicks inside so they could see them daily. No incidents so far.

Yes, mean Roos make the best soup!
Welcome, all of you new to the thread!
If you are looking for dirt cheap coops, get pallets and make something out of them, ( lots of pallet coop ideas on the net) and if you have some friends willing to help, pizza and beer will get it built. It may not be perfect, but it will be a solid start and then you can save for something more permanent.

Also, I have a Colorado Mountain Dog 5 month old puppy. How do I get him to not chase the chickens? He’s a wild one:lau

You should work with him on a leash and really use good dog language to check him in. The Art of Raising a Puppy by the Monks of New Skete is a start.
I would not give him any opportunity to be able to chase them.

Back
Top Bottom