Colorado

Hello, I am back to the chicken life and Backyard Chickens after a couple years hiatus living in town. We are in South Loveland - Northern CO. (Not much country left here, I am afraid. )
I am beginning my new flock and had terrible luck with baby roos this year. :barnieStill have a Lavender Orpington boyo to rehome.

Is there a sub group for Colorado regions in this thread yet or just the one big state?
Thanks!

It's rained the last 3 afternoons and it has certainly helped with the fire. They are actually reporting some containment now and have opened 285. It's all a bit hazy/smoky but we don't see the big plume and torching trees anymore. Unfortunately the western flank of the fire has moved into more rugged terrain and will be hard to fight but it's away from homes. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully our summer rains are here for good!

I took my drake out of jail yesterday. He is now living relatively peacefully with his ladies as well as the ducklings. Hoping it can stay that way.

HELLO! im in fort collins and im in search of brahma chickens for my coop. no roosters in foco. im hoping to find 6 young females 2 buff, 2 light, 2 dark.
can anyone help? ive never done chicks and ive read hatcherys for some reason the birds dont get big. i want big ones damn it!!!
thanks,
tommy

anyone know where to find brahmas in colorado? im in fort collins, thanks
tommy

I know Murdoch's has brahma chicks every spring. It's past chick days now, but brahma is part of their standard order and I'd expect them next March or April.

I can't think of their name right now, but these guys raise and sell brahmas (among other things). I got pullets from them last year. They will also take back a surprise rooster.

https://www.serenitysprouts.com/pullets

Back
Top Bottom