Colorado

HELLO! im in fort collins and im in search of brahma chickens for my coop. no roosters in foco. im hoping to find 6 young females 2 buff, 2 light, 2 dark.
can anyone help? ive never done chicks and ive read hatcherys for some reason the birds dont get big. i want big ones damn it!!!
thanks,
tommy
. 99% of any pullets that are for sale are hatchery stock. NoCo feeder supply usually has Brahma. She only has buff right now. I have had buff and lights from her (Privett stock). Decent leg feathering and definitely larger than other DP hens. Brahma are not the best layers if eggs are a priority.

Hatchery chickens aren’t supposed to get very big? The 2 roosters I ended up with from McMurray are pretty big to me, but I’m used to bantams. Maybe my expectations are skewed!

I got my order of chicks from Murry this morning. Mostly Cornish X but I also got some Cream Legbar, a Dark Brahma, and what I think is a Buff Polish. One of the CLs and the Polish were included free, along with an extra CX. This was my first time ordering from Murry and I'd have to say I'm pretty happy so far. Everyone arrived alive and very lively and alert. For this shipment and the ducklings I got a while back I used my parent's address in Colorado Springs. They have to spend the day with me at work but it means one less day of shipping and it really seems to make a difference. This evening I'm going to try to put the layer breed chicks under Kaylee. She went broody again but none of the eggs will hatch. Last time she eagerly adopted the chicks I gave her and even eventually took the others from the same batch that I had under a heat plate in the coop.
IMG_3935.JPG

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I’m not sure if this is where to post this.
We have two sweet, buff silkie males that we are trying to rehome. They are 4 months old and have been hand-fed since they were chicks. We live on the Boulder/Lafayette border.

Please let me know if you are interested in adopting them. Free to good home
-Nickie

Attachments

• 5E4BFF7A-A845-4C55-B401-1F219CB7BACE.jpeg
    5E4BFF7A-A845-4C55-B401-1F219CB7BACE.jpeg
    926.5 KB · Views: 1
  • E752D4C9-640E-4002-8845-A58B54A55CC1.jpeg
    E752D4C9-640E-4002-8845-A58B54A55CC1.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 0
  • A524A79E-EA3B-4E41-A217-61102774A5A5.jpeg
    A524A79E-EA3B-4E41-A217-61102774A5A5.jpeg
    857.5 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone!

My husband and I just moved to the Springs from Iowa. We're in an apartment now, but we're hoping to buy some land or a house soon, so I can start my own chicken adventure! I've been in love with chickens since high school, but have only ever actually held one once. It was a few years ago in Montana and I almost cried!

That brings me to my question: is there anyone in the area who might want to take a totally new chickener "under their wing" for a bit? My husband keeps telling me I need to "experience" chickens before I jump in. While I don't exactly disagree with him, I think it would be more for him than me, haha. I know I want chickens and I feel I'm as prepared as someone can be having never owned them. I've got what I think is a lot of armchair knowledge, but I've never been presented with the opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge. My husband... might as well be in the dark, ha.

Basically, is there anyone out there who would be willing to let me (and potentially my husband) onto their farm/into their coop as a volunteer? I currently have a lot of time on my hands. I would LOVE to gain some experience before I dive in myself! I'm basically an open mind here. I just want to be around chickens! The good, the bad, the ugly... you get the idea.

Also, there's the side agenda of just wanting to meet people. Mostly chicken people. XD

P.S. We're loving it here so far!!! You guys have like NO humidity! It's amazing! Oh, and mountains. Those are pretty awesome too. :)

Hello everyone!

My husband and I just moved to the Springs from Iowa. We're in an apartment now, but we're hoping to buy some land or a house soon, so I can start my own chicken adventure! I've been in love with chickens since high school, but have only ever actually held one once. It was a few years ago in Montana and I almost cried!

That brings me to my question: is there anyone in the area who might want to take a totally new chickener "under their wing" for a bit? My husband keeps telling me I need to "experience" chickens before I jump in. While I don't exactly disagree with him, I think it would be more for him than me, haha. I know I want chickens and I feel I'm as prepared as someone can be having never owned them. I've got what I think is a lot of armchair knowledge, but I've never been presented with the opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge. My husband... might as well be in the dark, ha.

Basically, is there anyone out there who would be willing to let me (and potentially my husband) onto their farm/into their coop as a volunteer? I currently have a lot of time on my hands. I would LOVE to gain some experience before I dive in myself! I'm basically an open mind here. I just want to be around chickens! The good, the bad, the ugly... you get the idea.

Also, there's the side agenda of just wanting to meet people. Mostly chicken people. XD

P.S. We're loving it here so far!!! You guys have like NO humidity! It's amazing! Oh, and mountains. Those are pretty awesome too. :)

If you were closer this would be fun! So I learned what I could before getting chickens and them went to pick out some started pullets and the farmer just started handing me birds to hold, and that's when it hit me that I had no idea what I was doing, standing there on his chicken farm, birds in hand, trying not to drop them or hurt them or appear as terrified as I actually was, but I was committed. It's fun. You will smile and laugh and swear and cry. I was cursing my idiots today as I'm trying to do my best to combat a mite invasion and the girls were trying to get in the nest boxes and lay as I was trying to clean them and sanitize them.

Back
Top Bottom