Colorado

Well for those of us who don't have nor can use facebook, how else can we get local swap information?
I had seen a page posted on the local news board at Big R.
Are there any swaps this weekend?

Sometimes they post swap info on Craig’s List, other times I just see the notices at the stores themselves.

In other news, I’m so glad I have a rooster sanctuary so that all but 4 of the 10 could get frostbite last week. :hit Holy smokes. I could have gone all winter without hitting -15!

They were going to have swaps in Feb but decided not to because of weather. They updated the date lists online but I guess they didn't update them at the store. I don't know of any other swaps. The swaps are always weather permitting.

If you ever do start a Facebook account you can also use the swap group page to post animals/things for sale without going to a swap. In case any one else is interested the group is called CRITTER SWAP FALCON/KIOWA(Colorado).

Have any of you sold at any of the swaps? What is your experience with this? If my girl goes broody again I might let her hatch, but I really wouldn't want to keep any of the ducklings, so ideally I'd want to be able to sell them all off in one day at a swap, but I don't know if this is realistic or not.

I sold at one last year. I had pullets/hens ranging from 4 to 18 months. Had a pair of 1 year old duck hens and two pairs of younger hen and drake pairs. The only thing I took home where the pair of Saxony ducks but I had someone contact me through craigslist for them to pick up the next day. I posted on Craigslist what I was taking to the swap. The only bad experience I had was one lady who tried to really haggle my prices. I regret selling the duck hens to her cheaper but oh well. I think it was a cultural thing, not her trying to be cheap/rude.

I think it depends on what you’re selling and at what price. Females should sell without much effort.

I’ve got chicken eggs in the incubator right now that I plan to raise for selling. Plan is to raise till about 6-8 weeks and sell as starter pullets when I can tell them apart. Cockerels will be kept and raised for the freezer.

I've sold several times. At the critter Swap there is always some Chinese people there. I would watch out for them. They always want grownup birds and not want to pay fair price.

Most people are decent.

There is also another swap every first Saturday of the month at a place in Denver called Earth Dog. I know someone who raises chicks and then about 4 months old, takes them to Denver and sells them $30 or more each, depending on breed. Of course he does take the hens only. I've been there and usually there are a lot of people throughout the day buying chickens for egg laying.

Hey guys. Hope everyone held up to the horrendous weather we had yesterday. Because of the wind, I had some minor damage. Three fences blown down and the greenhouse destroyed again. My question to whomever uses a greenhouse in this windy state, where can I get plastic and hardware from for a reasonable price? I'm thinking of going the wiggle wire direction for this as my research suggests that it's the most secure route. Thank you for any input.

Hey guys. Hope everyone held up to the horrendous weather we had yesterday. Because of the wind, I had some minor damage. Three fences blown down and the greenhouse destroyed again. My question to whomever uses a greenhouse in this windy state, where can I get plastic and hardware from for a reasonable price? I'm thinking of going the wiggle wire direction for this as my research suggests that it's the most secure route. Thank you for any input.

Are you wanting plastic sheeting or panels? Greenhouse rated or regular?

I use 6 mil HEX from Home Depot on my low tunnels. Greenhouse megastore has been a source for me. The prices are ok....not great but ok.

Back
Top Bottom