Colorado

@lomine we'll see come spring! I have fertile Blue Swedish eggs and Swedish/KC cross. Usually I can tell which eggs are which when I collect them. Right now I don't think I can handle more ducks, I feel like their living conditions would deteriorate with the space they've been allotted, but I do have space to add a few chickens.

I usually have fertile eggs in the spring. I’m not going to be hatching/rescuing anymore birds for the foreseeable future (not a great year), so I won’t be needing the eggs for hatching. Mine are all barnyard mixes, though.

@PirateGirl, I'm in Gunnison and may have a decent combo for some olive eggers come this summer (ISA Brown over Americauna). I am hoping to have a broody or two to try and hatch some of them out. My broodies don't usually turn on until later in the summer, but I'd consider an egg trade at some point if you wanted, or I don't mind just passing some eggs along to see what comes of them!

I just wanted to say hello to my fellow poultry lovers in Colorado. I was here at BYC back in 2011 until I think around 2013 or so, got busy, re-registered tonight because I miss poultry chat! I have a few Rhode Island Reds who share their house with a lone Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hen, two Naked Neck hens, and several Cochins, all black but one little old lady who is mottled. I usually hatch and sell chicks spring and summer, and this spring I want to add more Naked Necks to the flock. They have been standouts at grasshopper control, and the chicks look like they are straight out of Dr. Seuss. If there is anyone in the group who has Naked Neck chicks/hatching eggs/adults they are interested in selling or trading for Cochin eggs feel free to send me a message or reply here.

I just wanted to say hello to my fellow poultry lovers in Colorado. I was here at BYC back in 2011 until I think around 2013 or so, got busy, re-registered tonight because I miss poultry chat! I have a few Rhode Island Reds who share their house with a lone Blue Laced Red Wyandotte hen, two Naked Neck hens, and several Cochins, all black but one little old lady who is mottled. I usually hatch and sell chicks spring and summer, and this spring I want to add more Naked Necks to the flock. They have been standouts at grasshopper control, and the chicks look like they are straight out of Dr. Seuss. If there is anyone in the group who has Naked Neck chicks/hatching eggs/adults they are interested in selling or trading for Cochin eggs feel free to send me a message or reply here.
I am on the western slope. We have been collecting all our green eggs from our necked neck pen. But I am not npip. Where are you located?

I am on the western slope. We have been collecting all our green eggs from our necked neck pen. But I am not npip. Where are you located?
I'm in Pueblo, just south of town. I was NPIP for several years but a couple of years ago I didn't get a call for testing, and I didn't follow up on it, so let it drop. I've sold far fewer chicks the last two years and haven't shipped anything, so it didn't much matter anymore.

I'm in Pueblo, just south of town. I was NPIP for several years but a couple of years ago I didn't get a call for testing, and I didn't follow up on it, so let it drop. I've sold far fewer chicks the last two years and haven't shipped anything, so it didn't much matter anymore.
I guess my point was if you were close enough I would love to trade but I can not ship. Maybe someone closer to you will be interested. I would be but it's quite a drive from montrose.

Back
Top Bottom