Colorado

Hello everyone from Colorado. My husband and I are in Falcon Colorado just east of Colorado Springs. We LOVE our chickens and quail. We have a variety of different breeds since we didn't really know what we wanted when we started. Chicken math took over and now we have quite a large flock. We have 5 acres and have created a large aviary for the quail so they are not in cages. We especially like the French Copper Marans and the Ameraucana's. We have some chicks and for the first time we have silkie's that are almost 6 weeks old.
Are you getting day old chicks? Or are you starting with young pullets or adult RIR? It's is nice to meet you.

We got our first egg the other day! It’s kind of a green color, so we are thinking it came from one of the Olive Eggers (Dorothy or Blanche). We opened up the nesting area a couple of weeks ago and we put two fake eggs in there to give them the idea on where to lay.

We also have been slowly upping our game as far as equipment for the coop. I installed an automatic door with a light, added a larger section to the run where we can stand up in, insulated coop cover and a box to hold the feed, treats and shavings. Next on our list is to get a heated water system, so their water bowl doesn’t freeze over.

Attachments

• 0C6D82DE-FB1F-4360-8B22-612C1E50A4C8.jpeg
    0C6D82DE-FB1F-4360-8B22-612C1E50A4C8.jpeg
    521.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hey fellow call duck lovers! Does anyone know anyone who sells call ducks in Northern Colorado or surrounding area? I want to add to my cutie collection and would like to avoid shipping if possible. I have whites and grays so I would like some other variety. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom