Colorado

Hey everyone, I am looking to rehome two of my 2y/o laying hens, Naruto (Delaware) and Noodles (black sex link). They are picking all of the feathers of all my docile chickens. I want them to go to a good home.
They are so they need to go together. They are tame, especially Noodle who is super docile. I didn't want it to come to this, but they have been going after two of the yearlings and took off part of the cochins comb.

Would do good in a large standard flock.
20220722_092831.jpg
Screenshot_20221023-155424_Snapchat.jpg

You could try upping the protein in their diet a bit. Sometimes, that behavior is related to trying to get more protein in their diet. A can of tuna every few days and see if they stop? Make sure everyone has space too. Fingers crossed!

You could try upping the protein in their diet a bit. Sometimes, that behavior is related to trying to get more protein in their diet. A can of tuna every few days and see if they stop? Make sure everyone has space too. Fingers crossed!
They have a 10ft×20ish ft enclosed run for 7 chickens with the two being the largest. In addition, they have the a decent fenced backyard to run around in, and they get forage time outside of the fence. They are fed the Purina flock feed at 20% protein, plus black soldier fly larvea and fruits, vegetables, and scratch as treats. I have tried everything, including lots of items, perches, hides, etc in the run to try to block sight, but no luck. They are just more aggressive (lack of better words) birds I have. Everyone else gets along, these two are just impossible. I can't have them ruining the feathers of the rest of the flock and ganging up on the others especially with the new chicks in the flock.

I just want them to go to a good home, until then they still have a place at my home. I intend to lock them in a 8ft×10ft section of the run separate from the flock

I'm going on vacation for a week in the summer and I'm not sure what to do with my ducks. I have 2 backyard ducks. In the past I've had my friend take care of them at her house since she had ducks as well. She has since moved away so that's not an option for me. I've looked into farm animal boarding but can't find any near me. I'm hesitant about asking neighbors or a pet sitter because my drake is quite aggressive. I'm worried they wouldn't be able to handle him. Does anyone have any recommendations? Or know of anywhere that does boarding near Denver, Colorado?

Anyone interested in some scions to try their hand at grafting? Need to finish up pruning before we get a week of 75*+. Red Haven ? nectarine, Hall, Contender, Enterprise plus one other peach. Also have about 10 varieties of apples I can take cuttings from. I'm N of DIA. Must be done before they start to bud out

Hi all,

Looking for a few Bobwhite quail females around the Denver area. We were adopted by a male three months ago who randomly showed up in our yard and he hasn't left so we have been making him a habitat and feeding him but he needs a mate. Have had no luck finding any birds near by or that will ship. Any one have any tips? Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom