Colorado

I had a sore throat and earache (which is caused by an inner ear infection) turns out I have a sinus infection as well, so no playing in the garden for me this weekend! But I suppose tomorrow is supposed to be nasty. I am not looking forward to tomorrows cold snap.

Quote:
I still have that really nice buff orp roo that if anyone is interested in him...for free. He would make a nice trio with those hens.
big_smile.png

Hi! I live in Franktown and am up to 7 birds. The Deerfield HOA states that as long as they are not here to make $ chickens are fine. I assume the HOA knows town ordinances or they wouldn't bother including such a rule. I'm not the only one in this neighborhood with chickens. Hope that helps!

I'mACountryGirl :

Quote:
I still have that really nice buff orp roo that if anyone is interested in him...for free. He would make a nice trio with those hens.
big_smile.png

How's his behavior???? Is he calm(er) than most roos? I can't possibly make a home for a strutting basket-case but once my girls are grown up, (they're going on 7 weeks now so a while to go yet) I might consider adding him to the flock as it would be nice to have a watchman for the girls.​

Quote:
big_smile.png

How's his behavior???? Is he calm(er) than most roos? I can't possibly make a home for a strutting basket-case but once my girls are grown up, (they're going on 7 weeks now so a while to go yet) I might consider adding him to the flock as it would be nice to have a watchman for the girls.

It's been my experience that orpingtons are just pretty nice birds in general and the roos are more gentle than other breeds, and he's no exception....but, I don't plan on keeping him around for another couple of months. The reason I'm rehoming him....I ordered buff orp eggs last summer and something must have gone wrong in the mail because only 1 hatched....this rooster. So, I have a pen of bbs orpingtons.....with one buff roo!! I've got a bunch of eggs of various breeds in the incubator and will very likely have a roo - or two - looking for new digs later this summer, so I'll keep you posted.

Hi everyone - We are looking to get a few pet chickens and live in The Pinery (Parker, CO) and am a bit surprised that neighborhoods with very strict rules (i.e. Highlands Ranch) allow for up to 4 hens, but The Pinery with very loose covenants does not "permit" poultry of any kind. Does anyone know of families raising hens in The Pinery or whether or not there has ever been a crack down?

Thanks

If they have covenants against it, then all it takes is one complaint. Not really worth the hassle IMO. People can be so petty sometimes. HMO's are a real nightmare if they come after you. The worse part is that you pay them to do it. Double whammy. The Pinery is a nice place though, I would expect that they enforce their bylaws..

Back
Top Bottom