Colorado

Quote:
Well, I don't have much experience with them yet, but the breeds I got are all supposed to be hardy and tolerate our climate. They are all supposed to be medium/heavy layers. The RIRs are aggressive (relatively), barred rocks not bad, my buffs and australorps are shy and quiet. So far, the breed descriptions here have been pretty accurate. Have you tried the tool for finding breeds? It can be helpful. But yes, talking to and buying from locals should help you get what is appropriate for the area.

I believe they're eating ants... I had one bad ant hill in my field (in a big weed, I can't think of the name, but ants love to nest in them) and the girls have pretty much destroyed the nest and the weed.

Hey GFO welcome to the CO thread and to
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
Welcome Colorado Girl. I live in BV. I have lots of birds and have been doing this for about 10 years. I don't have anything to part with at this time, but would love to chat with you.

Hi Colorado!

Anyone know where I might find an araucana or maran pullet? I'd like one more girl to fill out our little flock and thought colorful eggs would be fun. These girls are family pets so they would go to a full and loving home!

Thanks,
Stacy

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Megshenhut, yes, let's talk; thanks! I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

And to all: I'm looking for a cheep source for fencing - we just got the posts up last weekend and now I'm ready to start building the Fort Knox of the chicken world. I see that hardware cloth is pretty expensive, but considering the number of predators in my area, I'm thinking that's what I am going to need. Plus bird netting on the top to keep out the hawks, eagles, ospreys and pterodactyls out. Any advice will be appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom