Colorado

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Craig has been working very diligently with his Columbians - this will be a great opportunity for someone wanting to get started with bantam Cochins, or for anyone who wants to add to their existing flock!!

Last edited:
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Craig has been working very diligently with his Columbians - this will be a great opportunity for someone wanting to get started with bantam Cochins, or for anyone who wants to add to their existing flock!!

Thank you for the compliment. I will be bring some birds that could be used for breeding if you are willing to cull hard. If you don't want to cull hard don't buy Columbians.

Quote:
I have noticed in the past when I have late chicks they grow slower and Never develope their full potential. Has anyone else had similar results. I don't know if it is the temps or the reduced daylight.

Anyone wanna go to the Botanic Gardens Chicken Coop Tour? Sat 10-4.
I'd love to get a BYC foursome together~funner than going alone and definitely cheaper ($20 for up to 4 people).

Last edited:
Posted in the behavior forum too, just looking for input:
I have a mixed flock and so far everyone (that is near laying age) is laying with two notable exceptions. My 27 week old Welsummer is not laying and neither is my 25 week old Buckeye. My other 27 week old Welsummer has been laying for a month now, so I am not sure what to make of it. I know that both of these girls are pullets and not cockerels in disguise (the Welsummer looks IDENTICAL to her sister with the exception of her comb, and the Buckeye has no Rooster features). Both of their combs are still very pale and not at all swollen like my other pullets were (and still are) when they started laying. These are my first chickens ever so I am not really sure what to make of it. I also know for a fact that they aren't laying the eggs somewhere hidden. Thoughts, hints, anything? I am not too worried about the eggs, just curious as to why they might not be laying yet?

My EE's were late bloomers as well. I think it's in their breed. Kinda curious how you know exactly which ones are not laying. I have 40 something chickens and I not quite sure how I would ever till which ones are laying and which are not without keeping watch on them all day.

Back
Top Bottom