Colorado

Quote:
Rosemary,

O my gosh. I just realized that you are Henri's owner. Hope he is doing well and his lady, too. You were so nice when I was enquiring about him. My best wishes for you and your mom.

Sadly, I am back looking for another roo, because the last one I had turned aggressive. Sure wish Henri was still up for grabs. Sigh. I'd be ok with the loud crows since my neighbors have all said they don't mind. Oh well. He'd have gone so well with my dog, Henry.
big_smile.png

Susan, Denver

Hi Susan! You won't believe it but I decided to hold on to Henri and the Blue Copper hen for awhile. I will be happy to keep you posted when I am ready to let him go.

That would be soooo great! I can discontinue my search in the hope of getting a really nice roo later. I'm just don't trust CL people as much as BYC people.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!! This will be my first winter with chickens and I was wondering if you guys do anything special for yours? I have a polish hen and a buff orpington hen. We started four chicks in March and 2 of them ended up being roosters. I LOVED my roosters but the neighbors didn't like the noise
roll.png
I rehomed them to a family in Glenwood Springs but I really miss them!!! My neighbors are always looking for something to complain about. I wish I could move more out of town but it's not a great time to sell our current house. I was really looking forward to see what a Polish crossed with a buff orpington would look like. LOL We are already planning to get more chicks in the spring and I have been researching to see what breed we want.

Missy

Quote:
And a lot of Tx ranchers are culling their herds...... they just have nothing growing to range on. It is dire.
sad.png

Yeah, I heard that. Also heard that people are letting their horses go in the national forests to fend fot themselves. Not the best idea for the horses. Not a good time for stock raisers either

Quote:
Missy,
Hi we just moved to the Cotopaxi area and I want to get some buff orpington's and RIR's where did you get yours? did you hatch them yourself?

Crackshot, welcome to BYC. I'm in Buena Vista, so not too far away. But sorry I don't know where to get any orpingtons for RIRs.

Guys, this might be a little far for some of you but Sissons Feed in Delta has RIRx in the spring. They have EE that lay xlarge blue/green eggs. They are egg laying machines!! I don't know if they ever sell the pure RIR but their crosses outperform any of the chickens that I have here. The person that raises them is a local and must know what he/she is doing.

Hi Crackshot! We got ours at the Fruita Co-Op. The had RIR chickens too! Next year I am thinking I want some EE. I really like that I can tell who is laying the egg. LOL

Missy

Back
Top Bottom