Quail Hatching

Erich84

Hatching
May 14, 2024
I have been searching the Internet and I cannot seem to find a darn thing. I have baby quail Hatching tonight. 1 that hatched is moving around the incubator but doesn't seem to be able to get free of it's egg. This is a very thin,and I mean like thread thin, kind of clearish white thread keeping him connected. He seems exhausted but he has been trying to get free for two hours. He is full out of his shell, just attached by that small thread to what I thing is his rear. I have other eggs that are pipped so I cant just open the incubator and help him. Is this normal? The other two that have hatched tonight seen fine. If anything they seen to be trying to help him get free. Lol. Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_20240514_233937443.jpg
    IMG_20240514_233937443.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 12
I think about 10 percent of my baby quail had the ‘egg dragging behind them on a string’ thing, it is normal and even without their little attachment they still run around like lunatics, kicking eggs, tripping themselves, etc. when you take him out of the incubator just snip the cord as long as it is dry, if it is wet or sticky let it dry before cutting.

Back
Top Bottom