Colorado

Shy of Shy's Creations in Golden is showing her beautiful bantam Cochins. Hopefully she'll jump on here and give a little more info. You really see what some of the breeds are "supposed" to look like when you attend big shows like the Stockshows. Huge, huge LF Cochins , etc.

Yep am getting birds and myself ready for show!! (But checking the Bronco game too, 0-14...come on guys!)
Cages are filled with shavings, feed cups gathered, camp chairs, comfy shoes, blood stop, chicken quilt display.....whew!
Gotta give hubby credit he'll be a huge help at coop-in tomorrow. Weather will be great, who could guess in the 50s for stock show!!
Here's some for the show:

Good Luck Shy
thumbsup.gif
With those beauties your sure to do very well
big_smile.png

I wish we were able to get down there but too many things going on today
hmm.png

Let us know how things went when you get a chance.

New to BYC thought I'd add to the list. I'm up in Fairplay...(in South Park - same as the cartoon). We have a small backyard flock of layers - buffs, barred rocks, and some wynodottes. We also raised 12 slow cornish broilers from Privett Hatchery...at 10,000 feet this was an adventure. All 12 made it to the freezer (around 4-5lbs each after 12-14 weeks).

Question (I'm sure there is a thread out there for this topic though):
Is anyone in CO using a custom feed blend? If so where are you getting it? Right now I'm limited to the Ranch-Way feed available at our local feed store (not bad but I'd love to get my own ration prepared as I increase the flock - tons of friends/family requesting broilers for their freezers too) - just thought I'd ask

Last edited:
Well, I was able to build my new brooder Friday-Saturday. It ended up being 6 foot long, X 3 feet wide X 2 feet deep. It has a hinged lid covered in chicken wire. All built with re-purposed materials except for the screws. I will post a photo this afternoon or tomorrow.
Whats left in the chicken project: Fencing, hen house, and finish the smaller houses. Chickens again in May!

Hope all going to the Stock Show today have a great time!

Back
Top Bottom