Colorado

She look a lot like my EE's and I am fairly sure that they are girls. Her legs are identical Zoe's at that age and even the comb is not enough to worry about yet. She has very pretty color, where did you get her? (I am sure calling it a her makes it so
wink.png
)
Who knows.... we'll just pretend she is a girl till proven otherwise. (I have a gut feeling she's a he though...dude looks like a lady ...da na na da na na)

I got them from Mommato5 - Becky. (Thanks again Becky). Not exactly sure where she got them... some hatchery. Wherever she got them I would recommend as my 5 chicks have been super healthy/hearty to this point.

mo

Last edited:
Who knows.... we'll just pretend she is a girl till proven otherwise. (I have a gut feeling she's a he though...dude looks like a lady ...da na na da na na)

I got them from Mommato5 - Becky. (Thanks again Becky). Not exactly sure where she got them... some hatchery. Wherever she got them I would recommend as my 5 chicks have been super healthy/hearty to this point.

mo

I think the next time I get chickens the will be from someone here. I love mine but hate that I have no way to know what stock they came from, and they seem a bit smaller then they should be.

Hi EHook
I picked up the vetrx yesterday. I separated one chick out (marshmellow) She had one eye caked closed and seems worse than the others. I warmed it and put it on all of them. I held the sicker one and her eye started to open. They seemed better this morning so I dosed again. They have been outside all day (separated). I believe in sunshine and fresh air. Will dose again this evening and see how they are doing. If no better I will call the vet. Am scared it is coryza. Thankfully they were too small to go in with my other 4 girls.

I read that if it is coryza, I will have to vaccinate these chicks and alll other chicks twice a year forever. Ughhhhhh..... Still confused where they got it....

EHook mine don't have a cough, they are sneezy and runny nose and eyes. Vetrx was amazing and am hoping it does it's thing but I think they will need antibiotics.

Tracie

There are babies at Falcon Big R! They were so cute, and my daughter said, "just one mom?"
I know there were Barred Rocks, and maybe Wyandottes, but I'm not sure on the rest. Some were oddly large, with big, odd heads, I had to drag my husband away from them. And of course the workers have no idea what they are. I walked out with zero...barely.

There are babies at Falcon Big R! They were so cute, and my daughter said, "just one mom?"
I know there were Barred Rocks, and maybe Wyandottes, but I'm not sure on the rest. Some were oddly large, with big, odd heads, I had to drag my husband away from them. And of course the workers have no idea what they are. I walked out with zero...barely.

I commend your self restraint! . I have none left...

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, Haven't been on here for awhile. Crazy spring and summer. Is there someone in Co who raises Jersey Giants? Have a few hens and would like somemore. Thanks Lynn

I commend your self restraint! . I have none left...

Yea mine is called husband and HOA, if it wasn't for them I would have none.

Hi EHook
I picked up the vetrx yesterday. I separated one chick out (marshmellow) She had one eye caked closed and seems worse than the others. I warmed it and put it on all of them. I held the sicker one and her eye started to open. They seemed better this morning so I dosed again. They have been outside all day (separated). I believe in sunshine and fresh air. Will dose again this evening and see how they are doing. If no better I will call the vet. Am scared it is coryza. Thankfully they were too small to go in with my other 4 girls.
I read that if it is coryza, I will have to vaccinate these chicks and alll other chicks twice a year forever. Ughhhhhh..... Still confused where they got it....
EHook mine don't have a cough, they are sneezy and runny nose and eyes. Vetrx was amazing and am hoping it does it's thing but I think they will need antibiotics.
Tracie

I am glad they are doing better.

They are feeling a little better but I think it's coryza :(

They are sneezing, eyes swollen and oozing, nose is running and they don't smell very good.

Kids and I are devistated.... I will take them to the vet on Monday.

Recommendations? I have read cull them. Others say treat but then they will give it to any new chicks or I will have to keep vaccinating all of them?

Fortunately, I kept them away from my bigger girls (they are 12 weeks old).

Would love to hear from you... What would you do?
:/ :/ :/
Thanks. Tracie

They are feeling a little better but I think it's coryza
sad.png

They are sneezing, eyes swollen and oozing, nose is running and they don't smell very good.
Kids and I are devistated.... I will take them to the vet on Monday.
Recommendations? I have read cull them. Others say treat but then they will give it to any new chicks or I will have to keep vaccinating all of them?
Fortunately, I kept them away from my bigger girls (they are 12 weeks old).
Would love to hear from you... What would you do?
hmm.png
hmm.png
hmm.png

Thanks. Tracie

Sadly I know very little of the illness, I hope you do not have to cull them. I fear the day I have to face a decision like that, my husband and I passed an injured bunny on the road tonight and I am on the edge of tears because we had to have it put down. Poor thing was dragging it's lower half across the road.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom