Colorado

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on the baby chicks. So far just the one fatality. Bless my husband for picking up the chicks so late last night. Only seeing one this morning that isn't doing so well. I've been giving her some one-on-one time and it has seemed to help. She almost looks older then the rest since everyone still has their egg beak and she doesn't. She drank a lot of water and 20 minutes later she was able to move out of the way when another chick came her way. Before she would just lie there and not move. So hoping for her quick recovery.
Hi Pichuris, Give all your chicks a little yogurt. It will help as a probiotic, has nutritional value and as they grow is a great treat. I mix yogurt with their crumbles for the first few days to get them started.

So, waaaaaay off topic, but does anyone own a Kia? I'm in the market for a new car.
Mo

I loooove my Kias. We've had three, the Sephia which we then traded for the Sorento and then when we needed a second vehicle we got the Forte, which is the car that just got mashed by the light runner. We hardly ever have trouble with them and when we do the warranty is awesome and everything is fixed for free. The only reason we have to now trade in the Sorento is because it's rear wheel drive and it doesn't do well on the snow or ice. Had we thought about it, we would have gotten the AWD, but lived in Arkansas at the time and weren't really worried about snow. If it wasn't the hubbies turn for a new vehicle I'd trade my Forte in for an Optima, I want a little extra power, but am really happy with our vehicle choice. And you really can't beat the cost of a Kia, we paid the Sorento off two years early and the Forte was paid of five years early. I'm dreading the cost of the truck he picked :rolleyes:

For the last few weeks my son and I have been looking at getting a new/used car for our family. I'm looking at getting a classic car for my wife and I to enjoy on weekend get aways.

I have located 3 in very nice condition; on Monday my son and I will be doing a little test driving. My son has enjoyed the handling of the cars that we have driven so far.

Last edited:
Onstad- I have owned two kias; a Rio and a Sephia. One was stolen and the other blew out something important after DH took it on a road trip. He made it to my graduation and we were going to take it into a mechanic the next morning when all of a sudden it was belching black smoke and flooring it to get 2mph so he could make the 20 ft needed to get into a parking lot. Overall I liked them. They were a great value for the ride and features but I do have concerns about thier longevity. I know they have been working on improving since I owned mine but they were thought of as 'throw away' cars when I was buying. No one wanted one with more than 70 or 80 thousand miles because no one expected them to go much farther than 120 w/o major repairs needed. In my car's case it would have cost 2 times the cars value to fix it at that point; I think it had 130-140k miles on it. It has been close to 10 years since that one bit the dust, so things could have changed. Food for thought though.

i made another batch of zucchini nut muffins with mini chocolate chips in them since my oldest wants to take them to school for snack time and i'm not sure who was begging for them more, the kids or the chickens!! lol. There have been alot of break in attemps by the chickens today.....

*and i do know that chickens aren't supposed to have chocolate

Thanks for all the reports on Kia's. Think I'm going to trade in my Jeep Liberty tomorrow and buy a Soul...jeep gets 12-13 city...Soul 28...I'll save $100+ a month in gas alone! Honestly the biggest selling point was the 5 year bumper to bumper and 10 year power train warranty. hoping for the best.

mo

Thanks for all the reports on Kia's. Think I'm going to trade in my Jeep Liberty tomorrow and buy a Soul...jeep gets 12-13 city...Soul 28...I'll save $100+ a month in gas alone! Honestly the biggest selling point was the 5 year bumper to bumper and 10 year power train warranty. hoping for the best.

mo
12-13 in the city? My durango does better than that. Wow!

I understand the logic, but Kia Soul's are so, so, Ugh looking. If only they looked cool. The Jeep at least has the name.......

Back
Top Bottom