Colored Rangers..processing results at 13 weeks.

Quote:
LOL.. Too funny.. I emailed Ellen and asked if she had her birds there as I saw the colored range , I didnt' know you had your bird there also.. Cuz I took my 40 in.. LOL So BYC owned Wilcox's that day.. too funny.

Shelly, I am going to try some of these birds next year also.. Lemme know if you wanna order together for a cheaper rate.. I like to order from a hatchery as close to home as possible though. I'll be doing 50 of the Cornish and 50 of the colored rangers..

I got a kick out of that too. It sure was a pleasant surprise to walk in and find colored birds everywhere.
smile.png
I finally started tabulating all my numbers and my average size was 4# 10oz at 12 weeks. I only had a few under 4 lbs, and a surprising number of birds over 5# (out of 50 processed). Exactly what I was hoping for. I did keep back some hens that I will process next week. They are ready now, but I'm not. Too tired from Chickenstock. lol!

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG I'm dumb. I thought you had 4 that weighed 7oz, 5 that weighed 2oz etc etc I was wondering how a chicken could weigh less than a quail, I thought they lost a lot of weight after processing. Its been a long day.

Quote:
Ok, i am about to pull out the stupid....what is an extension office? gosh, i am sorry~ http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/ashamed/ashamed0005.gif

Here in Michigan the "Extension Office" if a extension of Michigan State University. There is an extension office in most (all?) Michigan counties. They are the goto people for the 4-H kids, soil testing, master gardening coarses, and agriculture questions. If you wanted to know about raising poultry, starting a berry patch, making maple syrup they are the people to call. They offer all sorts of brochures and info plus lots of clinics and classes through the year.

HUmmmmmm, i will have to call USF cause they are local~ Thanks

Back
Top Bottom