Colors? I am so confused!

Puddin Fluff

Crowing
10 Years
Mar 30, 2012
River Valley, AR
Hello - I am new to Cochin colors. These are my first batch other than Black. What would you call them? They are all 12 weeks old. Some LF, some Bantam.

Thanks for the info/guesses.

First is black. I'm not sure what the second one is, I would say buff but she has black on her hackles. Third is a very poor quality silver laced. Fourth are mixes between colors, the one farthest to the right looks like a calico, but I'm not sure about the other three. Then the fourth one is red.

First is black. I'm not sure what the second one is, I would say buff but she has black on her hackles. Third is a very poor quality silver laced. Fourth are mixes between colors, the one farthest to the right looks like a calico, but I'm not sure about the other three. Then the fourth one is red.

Agree. Though I think the fourth is either a poor quality Red or another mixed color.

Thank you. Will the Silver Laceing change after she is older and molts or will it pretty much stay the same? Is Calico a recognized color or considered a "project"? And the last "red" one I believe came from a Mil Fleur pairing. He has some other stuff mixed in. The two bigger ones to the left of the water are from Lemon Blue pairings. I am trying to decide if they are considered Lemon Blue or something else.
Agree. Though I think the fourth is either a poor quality Red or another mixed color.
Thank you for the response.

I don't know,but they are sure pretty!i love the black and white one!
Thanks. He's a bold one. First to crow and not to afraid of anything.

Unfortunately, the silver laced might change a tiny bit but not a lot. The calico is a color, but not a registered color. I would say the one all the way to the left of the waterer and the one second to the right are Lemon Black, and the middle one is a Lemon Blue. Pretty birds.

Back
Top Bottom