columbian bantams show 'em off!!

Columbian Wyandotte bantams

19748_wyandottes_dec_31_2009_016.jpg

Quote:
Thanks. He really is a beauty. I got some nice hens along with him.

He is from Arbuckle/Rust lines. I have not really shown. But I would really like to. I do the local shows around here, and I have won the past 3 years. But no one will direct me on how to get into actual big showing. I don't even know how to find a tester. If someone would tell or teach me what to do I would love to get into it though. I have quite a few show birds.

I never knew why to join the ABC I would like to though.

What I am really looking for it some LF Light Brahmas. Nice ones are super hard to find. I plan on making the 8 hour drive to the Ohio Nationals to see if I can find some this year. But I would really like to contact some breeders before hand.

Check out our website, it has info on joining. A breeders directory comes with membership. The Brahma national is at Frankenmuth, Michigan this year. Don't know how far that is for you. I live in Texas. They have state inspectors here that will come to your home at no charge. They give you a form that states your birds are typhoid/pullourum free. You send a signed copy with your entry form to whatever show you are entering. You could contact your county extension office and they could point you in the right direction. The ABC website also has district directors with contact info under the "officers" section. You could contact them to get info about showing. They are very willing to help in any way they can. The "Poultry Press" has info about upcomming shows.They have a website. Kim and Kendra Aldrich have some high quality large lights. Their contact info is in the officer section also. He(Kim) is the club secretary. They live in Michigan. They will most likely be at the Ohio Nationals and Frankenmuth for sure. I did not mean to high-jack the thread. I just love to promote Brahmas and the ABC.

Columbian brahma/frizzle cochin crosses... Both are sisters but one has straight feathers and the other got the mothers frizzles, father was a gorgeous light brahma and mom was a red frizzle cochin.

10663_img_8552.jpg

Back
Top Bottom