Comb Contest - Single! ***WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!***

Pics

Mr. Speckles.
Ancona
Male
7months​

The camera did some funny things to the color to compensate for how overcast it is, but I still think he looks purty.
smile.png
(He was not amused at how many hugs and chin scritches he got during his time in front of the camera today.)

This is my 4 year old Cottage Hill Line of Wheaten Marans Rooster. This line of Wheaten Marans produces some of the most beautiful combs of the Marans breed variety!

Submit your best photos of your chicken’s single comb and win a 6 month GFM!

To increase your chances of winning, try to get a clear, focused picture, and make sure your photo is of a single comb only. Example:

We don’t have a set end-date yet for the contest, but the faster we get a bunch of great submissions, the sooner we can pick a winner!

Submissions Must Include:
  1. A great picture of a chicken’s comb
  2. Breed
  3. Age
  4. Gender

RULES:
  1. All entries must be submitted as a reply to this thread
  2. The picture needs to be taken by you
  3. Have fun!

If you have any questions about this contest, see the main thread in the contest section.

Ready… Set… GO!

This is "Rodney"
He is a Rhode Island Red Rooster
He was born/hatched September 4, 2011 (he is 8 months old)
He is of course a Male/Rooster, but when I first got him he was supposed to be a Hen. I purchased 12 hens to replace some hens that were killed by a dog. So I figured and even dozen would be great. As time went on I knew there was something hinky in the hen house when "Rodney" just seemed to be growing so much faster than all the other girls. Then one day when I was in my room I heard an odd noise coming from the chicken coop and it was apparent that he wasn't just a large girl. Although I had no need for a rooster he has beautiful feathers and has a wonderful personality.

Back
Top Bottom