combs and wattles have quit growing

goofymom1003

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
I have two golden comets that are about the same age. One of them Stella combs and wattles have completely come out and are red and she seems to be doing good but my other one Lillie her combs and wattles seem to have quit growing. They are just a pale pink and barely noticeable. Lillie's behavior has seemed to change also. She is staying away from the rest of the flock. She lets you pick her up and seems to be eating and drinking like she should but doesn't seem to act like the other chickens. I don't know what to think. Lillie was the smallest of the chickens that we got and that is why I bought her, she was just so cute. Do I have a problem ? If so what should I do.

How old are they? It sounds like Stella is maturing faster than Lillie, chickens will mature at different rates, even ones of the same breed and lines. Often the chickens will rearrange their pecking order as they mature and hit egg laying age, do you know if Lillie being picked on or bullied by the larger hens? How many are in the flock? You might want to post pictures of Lillie.

It does look like Lillie is being picked on. I did not see i until the other day when one of my other chickens (we have a total of six) ran her off when I threw out some scratch for them, I don't think it is physical they just terrorize her. Sh stays away from the group and is just a loner. We have ordered a small coop for her with a run so maybe she will be okay. She is so sweet I hate to see her treated like this. They are in a large area so she can hide an d stay away from the group.

Back
Top Bottom