Combs have black spots

Several of my chickens have the dark blue to black spots on their beaks. I have not changed their food. In addition, they have white spots as well. I live in Florida where the temperature is usually in the 90's or higher and the humidity is usually in the 90's or 100's. Do I need to worry about this? I tried to scratch it off with my nail, but she did not like it.
Can you please post some photos?

I have attached two photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 65
Several of my chickens have the dark blue to black spots on their combs. I have not changed their food. In addition, they have white spots as well. I live in Florida where the temperature is usually in the 90's or higher and the humidity is usually in the 90's or 100's. Do I need to worry about this? I tried to scratch it off with my nail, but she did not like it.

I have attached two photos.
It's very hard to see any spots in the photos. Sometimes peck wounds can look blue to black. When the scabs fall of the area may have some white spot as the tissue heals.

There is also Fowl Pox which can produce scabs, you would not want to scratch those off. It's a virus caused by Mosquitoes and usually runs it's course in a few weeks. Look at the photos in the link below to see if that is what she has.
https://the-chicken-chick.com/fowl-pox-prevention-treatmen/

I have started the treatment with sulfur and Vaseline ointment. I started the Iodine in their drinking water. I had just cleaned the coops and runs. One of the chicks has lost a lot of chest feathers. I have a feeling they are starting to molt. I will keep you updated on the progress as it happens. Thanks!

i

Back
Top Bottom